Public Safety LTE Market - Introduction
- Public safety is currently witnessing major changes due to an increase in the importance of LTE in communication operations. The importance of LTE for critical communication has been increasing significantly in the last few years.
- Technological work for enhancements to the LTE standard, in order to support public safety applications, takes place in 3GPP. Two crucial 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) enhancements agreed to address public safety application are as follows;
- Proximity services that recognize mobile phones in physical proximity and permit optimized communications between theses mobiles
- Group call system enablers that provides the essential requirement for dynamic and efficient group communications procedures such as dispatcher working and one-to-many calling
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Proximity services enablement is expected to drive public safety LTE market
- Proximity services comprise some special features that are explicitly utilized in the public safety spectrum for public safety applications. One such feature includes, one mobile device acts as a relay for another and provides access to network services outside the normal network coverage area. One mobile acts as a relay point between two other mobiles and permits communication without the mobile network, even if the contacting mobiles are out of range for direct communication.
- Network supported finding of users with a need to connect who are in physical proximity and the simplification of communication amongst such users without, or with, management from the network can take place. Radio connection, i.e., a direct communication is established between the users’ mobiles without transmission via the network.
- This saves resources of network and can also allow public safety communication in areas outside the coverage of network. Proximity services fulfill the communication need among public safety users in spite of not being in the network coverage. This, in turn, boosts the public safety LTE market.
- In the commercial area, proximity services can support features such as new modes of social networking, convenient file transfer between devices belonging to the same user, and targeted advertising
- This is expected to drive the global public safety LTE market
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Europe to Hold Major Share of Global Public Safety LTE Market
- Based on region, the global public safety LTE market can be segmented into South America, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
- Europe is expected to account for a major share of the global public safety LTE market during the forecast period, due to advancements in technology, enhanced customer experience, and need of strong security measures in the region
- Europe is increasing in online public safety applications for video surveillance activities and increased video and image sharing. This drives the public safety LTE market in the region.
Global Public Safety LTE Market - Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in Global Public Safety LTE Market
- Airbus SE
- AT&T, Inc.
- Bittium Corporation
- Cobham Wireless
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Harris Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Hytera Communications Corporation
- KT Corporation
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Nokia Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Sonim Technologies
- Sierra Wireless
- ZTE Corporation
Global Public Safety LTE Market: Research Scope
Global Public Safety LTE Market, by Infrastructure & Service
- Evolved UMTS Terrestrial Radio Access Network (E-UTRAN)
- Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
- End-use Devices
- Handheld Devices
- Body-Worn Cameras
Global Public Safety LTE Market, by Deployment Model
- Private LTE
- Commercial LTE
- Hybrid LTE
Global Public Safety LTE Market, by Application
- Law Enforcement & Border Control
- Emergency Medical Services
- Firefighting Services
- Disaster Management
Global Public Safety LTE Market, by End-user
- Public Safety Agencies
Global Public Safety LTE Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.