Global Public Displays Market – Introduction
- Public displays are large-sized flat screens used by businesses to display messages and presentations to customers. Rapid technological changes have enabled the installation of displays with high-resolution picture quality, thereby creating a lasting impression on customers and expanding product offerings of companies.
- In the recent years, public displays have been observed to influence customer decision making at stores, thereby enriching the overall customer experience.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Increasing penetration of digital billboards driving the global public displays market
- A digital billboard is a computer-controlled billboard that shows digital images to a large number of individuals at a time. These billboards are primarily used for product advertisement and promotion. They can be placed at major arteries, highways, and city streets to attract maximum number of viewers. Digital billboards provide user-generated content and stream live data from social media or a website in real time. These billboards can easily influence a large number of viewers with the help of various technologies including LED, LCD, and OLED.
- Advertisements through digital billboards are largely used to target a particular geography or location by covering places such as schools, sports events, and conventions. Advertising companies place these billboards in front of their target audiences.
- Mobile billboards are also more prospective in attracting the audience, due to their better visibility in day as well as night. Mobile billboards are generally placed on the side of a bus or truck. They are more cost-efficient compared to stationary billboards or running commercials. This factor increases the probability of visibility of advertisements to a large audience, consequently driving the global public displays market.
Mental Effect of Public Displays Hampering Global Public Displays Market
- Public displays are specifically designed to attract large audiences at a public place. Consequently, public displays openly draw drivers’ attention toward the advertisement instead of the road, which can result in an accident. Thus, mental effect of public displays is significantly hampering the global public displays market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Public Displays Market
- In terms of region, the global public displays market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global public displays market during the forecast period, due to increasing technological advancements in public displays such as adoption of the micro-LED display technology, specifically in the U.S. and Canada. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market for public displays from 2019 to 2027, due to increasing usage of public displays in the commercial sector in the region.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the most rapidly expanding market for public displays during the forecast period, due to strong presence of manufacturers of display panels, specifically in China, South Korea, and Japan.
Global Public Displays Market – Competition Landscape
- In June 2019, Barco NV, Ltd has decided to expand its new development center in Noida to explore South Asia market to provide digital cinema projectors, large-screen displays, rugged displays and hi-tech medical displays for healthcare applications. The initiative would help the company to improve its customer base to increase its market share worldwide.
- In April 2019, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. opened its new briefing center in California, the U.S. to provide a range of commercial TV sets, digital displays, and monitors. The expansion would help the company enhance its presence in the U.S. market.
- In April 2019, Sharp Electronics introduced its new product “4K ultra-HD commercial displays”. It is specifically designed for lit environments, everyday 16/7 operation and providing better versatility in commercial settings.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd
- Barco NV, Ltd
- NEC Corporation
- LG Display Co.
- Sharp Electronics
- Leyard Optoelectronic Co., Ltd.
- Sony Corp
- View Sonic Corporation
Global Public Displays Market: Research Scope
Global Public Displays Market, by Display Type
- Flat Panel
- Flexible Panel
- Transparent Panel
Global Public Displays Market, by Technology
Global Public Displays Market, by Application
Global Public Displays Market, by End-user
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
- Sports & Entertainment
Global Public Displays Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.