Global PU Films Market: Overview
PU films find numerous applications in the industries such as healthcare, automotive, aerospace, and others. Over the past decade, there has been a tremendous rise in the demand for luxury cars. This has significantly helped the PU films market expand its global footprints. Moreover, growing purchasing power and a rise in disposable income have given a thrust to the market’s growth.
Global PU Films Market: Notable Developments
Below are a few notable developments in the global PU films market:
- Extensive use of PU films in the healthcare sector has cropped the need for the development of PU films with microbial properties. In order to cater to this need, American Polyfilm has developed Antimicrobial Polyurethane Films that encompass multiple antimicrobial systems. These films can be used for diverse applications such as laminations, athletic apparels, and medical. The product is manufactured as an unsupported film on rolls, however, it can be cut to specification. These films have gained immense popularity in the healthcare sector, thereby benefitting the global PU films market.
- Deerfield Urethane Inc. has developed new TPU films that possess high elastic recovery, thus preventing the wrinkling. TPU films need to be used with lubes which pose a risk of contamination of the equipment, which are required to be sterile for medical applications. However, the newly developed TPU films are additive free and are specially manufactured to provide high slip. Moreover, these films provide better breathability and durability as compared to traditional TPU films. Development of these films has enhanced the consumer base of the global PU films market, thus supporting its growth.
Prominent players in the global PU films market include SWM International, Avery Dennison, DingZing Advanced Materials, RTP Company, Covestro, and MH&W International.
Global PU Films Market: Key Growth Dynamics
PU films offer excellent tensile strength and low-temperature flexibility making them suitable for a variety of applications. This is a key factor boosting the growth of the global PU films market. Moreover, they are highly cost-efficient and easy to process, leading to high demand from the textile and leisure industry. This may also contribute to an upswing of the market.
Recent technological developments have led to the development of high-performance films that help in reducing the overall weight of the vehicles. Consequently, there is a high demand for PU films from the automobile sector, thereby expediting its growth. Moreover, PU films are an apt substitute for metal components in aircraft which has further presented lucrative growth opportunities for the global PU films market.
Furthermore, PU films find numerous applications in the construction industry owing to their high tensile strength. Along with this, they offer microbial resistance which led to tremendous demand from the diagnostics sector. PU films are extensively used for patient care, in surgical applications, and laboratories. This has impacted the global PU films market favorably, thus stimulating its growth.
Global PU Films Market: Regional Outlook
On the regional front, Asia Pacific leads the global PU films market owing to an expansion of the automotive and construction industries. Rising disposable income has also contributed to the market’s expansion in this region. North America is also expected to emerge as a key region for the PU films market. The growth in this region can be attributed to high investment in infrastructure and expanding aerospace sector. Moreover, the rising popularity of luxury vehicles has spiked the market’s growth in this region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.