Psyllium Market: Overview
Psyllium is a rich source of fiber, triglycerides, and protein. It belongs to the Plantaginaceae plant family. Psyllium also contains riboflavin, sodium, aucubin, potassium, ascorbic acid, linoleic acid, beta-carotene, etc. These components make psyllium a perfect ingredient for various medical purposes. Therefore, considering all these factors, the psyllium market may record good growth across the forecast period of 2019-2028.
Psyllium is available in various forms such as seeds, industrial powder, husk, and husk powder and can be consumed according to the requirement. Based on origin, the psyllium market can be classified into conventional and organic.
This report provides a 360-degree analysis of the parameters influencing the growth of the psyllium market. It accentuates on numerous benefit points such as competitive structure, key trends, regional assessment, etc. The segmental study helps the stakeholders understand the different growth aspects of the psyllium market conscientiously. The report also pings pivotal information about the COVID-19 impact on the psyllium market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Psyllium Market: Competitive Analysis
The psyllium market is aggressively competitive with many domestic and international players in the fray aiming to gain a position among the top companies. New entrants are increasing the competition to a great extent. Manufacturers in the psyllium market are concentrating on research and development activities for finding new formulations that help in effective end-use.
Mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures, and collaborations also form an important part of the growth strategy of the key players in the psyllium market. Key players are also trying to expand their portfolio for providing psyllium across various applications. Key players in the psyllium market are JYOT Overseas Pvt. Ltd., Gayatri Psyllium Industries, BalisanaIsabgol, Premcem Gums Pvt. Ltd., and Satnam Psyllium Industries.
Psyllium Market: Application Insights
The use of psyllium in diverse applications may ping great growth opportunities for the psyllium market.
Animal Feed: Psyllium is used on a large scale as a feed ingredient for horses. It prevents constipation issues prevalent in horses to a great extent, thus pinging good growth prospects for the psyllium market.
Pharmaceuticals: Psyllium is an important component in almost all medicines related to stomach ache, diarrhea, and constipation. It is also used as a thickening agent during capsule formulation. The high fiber content in psyllium assists in lowering of insulin and is therefore considered useful in diabetes treatment.
Dietary Supplements: Psyllium aids in weight loss as it contains viscous compounds that can help in appetite control and weight loss. A study also found that consuming a specific amount of psyllium before peakfast and lunch led to significant hunger reductions, thus leading to weight loss. Hence, the psyllium market may incur good growth across this application.
Biodegradable Films: The use of psyllium in making biodegradable films may add a new dimension of growth. Researchers in India recently developed a biodegradable film with psyllium husk as the main component. Therefore, the discovery of the use of psyllium in novel applications may open new doors of growth opportunities for the psyllium market.
COVID-19: Ayurveda can help in fighting COVID-19 by boosting the immunity of the human body. The use of psyllium in Ayurveda may propel the growth rate of the psyllium market as immunity-boosting Ayurvedic therapies are gaining traction.
Psyllium Market: Geographical Landscape
The psyllium market is geographically segmented into North America, the Middle East and Africa, Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), North America, Latin America, and Japan. APEJ may turn out be to a significant growth contributor for the psyllium market as India is the largest producer and exporter of psyllium. North America may also turn out to be a prominent growth contributor due to growing awareness about weight loss. Europe may also prove to be an important growth generating region due to the large demand for industrial husk powder.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.