Proximity Switches: Introduction
- Proximity switches open or close an electric circuit on contact with an object or coming within the range of an object.
- In manufacturing equipment, robotics, and safety systems, proximity switches are most frequently used.
- These switches can detect presence of objects in their vicinity, without physical contact. They emit an electromagnetic radiation beam for detecting objects, generally in the form of infrared light.
- Proximity switches also detect the reflection in order to determine the location or distance of the object from a switch.
- These switches are used in aerospace & defense, food & beverage, industrial, automotive, consumer electronics and among other end-use industry.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Rise in Demand of Proximity Switches in Consumer Electronics
- Growth of the consumer electronics industry has made a significant positive impact on the global market for proximity switches. Expanding consumer electronics industry and increasing demand for smartphones are other significant factors driving the global market for proximity switches.
- Smartphones are increasingly using inductive proximity switches in order to improve the overall functional efficiency and comfort for the user.
Increase in use of Proximity Switches in Industrial Process
- Industrial automation has emerged as an attractive sector for investments by organizations across the globe. The rise in automation of complex production systems has increased the demand for components capable of providing critical data related to the production process.
- These sensors facilitate process control in factories by detecting the presence and position of metal objects. Proximity sensors can also help in automating procedures and even repetitive tasks resulting in an efficient production line.
- Furthermore, proximity switches are rarely affected by temperature fluctuations and foreign impurities, such as dirt and water. This factor is also fueling the global market. Increase in the number of vendors that offer industrial automation services and rise in the demand for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) are factors driving the demand for inductive proximity switches.
- The ability of proximity switches to work in hazardous conditions such as extreme temperatures and humidity and in chemical processing applications has led to growth of the global proximity switches market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Proximity switches market”
Automotive Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on end-use industry, the global proximity switches market can be segmented into aerospace & defense, food & beverage, industrial, automotive, consumer electronics, and others.
- Availability of touch-free user interface is boosting the adoption of proximity switches in automotive applications such as infotainment systems, 3D gesture, keyless entry systems, and interior lighting controls.
- Proximity switches are used in a parking assistance system to detect presence of objects in the pathway of the reversing vehicle and can ring the alarm to warn the driver. Proximity switches also prevent collision with pedestrians while parking a vehicle. Owing to these benefits, rising popularity of proximity switches in automotive applications is expected to boost the growth of the market during forecast period.
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global proximity switches market can be split into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global proximity switches market throughout the forecast period, owing to growing automation and ongoing technological advancements in the semiconductor industry in the region.
- Proximity switches market in Europe, and Asia Pacific is expected to show significant growth. This market Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show substantial growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in Global Market
The global proximity switches market is highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the growing demand for proximity switches. Moreover, manufacturers are entering partnerships for the development of innovative products and gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global proximity switches market include:
- Amron Corporation
- SICK AG
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Delta Electronics, Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Rockwell Automation GmbH
- IFM Electronic GmbH
- Keyence Corporation
- Schneider Electric
Global Proximity Switches Market: Research Scope
Global Proximity Switches Market, by Technology
Global Proximity Switches Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Food & Beverage
- Consumer Electronics
Global Proximity Switches Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.