Proton Battery Market: Introduction
- Proton battery consists of two major parts: carbon electrode as a hydrogen store and reversible fuel cell to produce electricity
- In the charging process, the carbon from the electrode bonds with protons. These protons are generated by splitting hydrogen and oxygen from the water. The separation of proton is done by electrons, which are generated from the external power source.
- In the power supply process, the protons are released from the carbon electrode to bind with oxygen to form water. This is achieved with the help of the reversible fuel cell. During this process, the energy produced can be used in various applications such as powering electric vehicles, consumer electronics, and lighting households.
- Proton battery does not burn the carbon in power generation process. Hence, it does not create emissions such as fossil fuel. Proton battery can store more energy than commercially available Li-ion batteries. Therefore, companies are now investing more in research and development of proton battery.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Proton Battery Market
- Increase in environmental awareness is expected to drive the global proton battery market during the forecast period. Demand for environment-friendly energy storage and power supply has been rising significantly since the last few years. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Proton batteries do not release any emissions; thus, increase in environmental awareness is expected to drive the global proton battery market.
- Proton battery with the size of 5.5 square centimeters is able to store the same amount energy per unit mass as current lithium-ion battery. Hence, proton battery can provide high energy storage in small size. This is expected to boost the proton battery market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for more advanced batteries in various industries such as automobile, aerospace, defense, and consumer electronics is anticipated to drive the proton battery market in the near future
- Li-ion battery possesses more current density than proton battery. This is estimated to be the major factor restraining the proton battery market during the forecast period.
- Proton batteries are not yet commercialized; therefore, the initial investment for commercialization is high. High initial investment is anticipated to be another factor hampering the proton battery market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Proton Battery Market: Segmentation
- In terms of end-user, the global proton battery market can be segmented into automobile, aerospace, defense, energy, electronics, and others. Demand for electric vehicles has been rising significantly in the automobile segment since the last few years. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Thus, the automobile is projected to be the leading segment of the proton battery market in the near future.
Global Proton Battery Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global proton battery market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global proton battery market in the near future. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to the increase in household income, and rise in paying capacity, and growth in awareness about environmental issues among consumers.
- North America is projected to account for vital share of the proton battery market in the near future. The U.S. is estimated to lead the market in the region during the forecast period.
- The market in Europe is projected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period. Germany and France are likely to lead the proton battery market in Europe during the forecast period.
- The proton battery market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
- In March 2018, scientists from The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University, Australia, created the proton battery. Scientists believe these batteries might be useful in household storage of electricity from solar photovoltaic panels. These batteries can also be used for medium-scale storage in electricity grids and electric vehicles with some modifications.
Key Players/Research Institutes in Market
- The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University
Global Proton Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Proton Battery Market, End-user
- Consumer Electronics
Global Proton Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.