Global Protective Fabrics Market: An Overview
Protective fabrics are used to make performance fabric solutions, which are worn as a shield from the effect of chemicals and other hazards. Protective fabrics form the last layer of defense and are used by firefighters, military personnel, law enforcement officers, and workers in oil & gas companies, as well as other hazardous conditions. While working in chemical facilities or around corrosive chemicals, protective fabrics are required to protect the worker in case of an accidental chemical splash. Protective fabric manufacturers enhance the convenience of the wearer in extreme climatic conditions by ensuring lightweight, softness, and breathability of the fabric. Proprietary technology is also applied in protective fabrics and clothing to minimize discomfort by keeping moisture and perspiration away from the skin. Protective fabrics are used as a flame resistant layer on mattresses. The outlook for the global protective fabrics market is expected to be positive during the forecast period.
Global Protective Fabrics Market: Dynamics
Protective fabrics are critical and have been increasingly adopted across various domains to ensure safety. Constant research and development aimed at enhancing the wearer’s comfort is critical to the growth of the global protective fabrics market. Hazard protection being one of the prime requirements, the global protective fabrics market is anticipated to witness promising growth in the future. In addition to performance applications, protective fabrics are also increasingly being adopted for utilities such as rainwear. To ensure that their protective fabrics perform well under harsh conditions, top players in the market are innovating the technology required to keep the wearer cool. Protective fabrics are widely used and face low risk of challenge from a substitute. Manufacturers of protective fabrics have been observed to market their products under different brand names, depending on their protective function. Protective fabrics are also expected to face sizeable demand from the defense sector, especially from developing countries like China and India, which are heavily investing in military equipment up-gradation. Protective fabrics are a key requisite for helmets and protective gear.
Global Protective Fabrics Market: Segmentation
The global protective fabrics market is segmented as follows -
By material type, the global protective fabrics market is segmented into –
- Cotton Fibre
- Others (PBI-blended fabrics, etc.)
By product type, the global protective fabrics market is segmented into –
- Fire & Heat Resistant
- Chemical Resistant
- UV Resistant
By end-use application, the global protective fabrics market is segmented into –
- Building & Construction
- Defense & Law Enforcement
- Oil, Gas, & Other Industrial
- Others (general purpose and utilities)
Global Protective Fabrics Market: Regional Outlook
The North America protective fabrics market is expected to maintain a prominent position during the forecast period. This is due to the well-established industrial landscape as well as an impressive military spending. The U.S. is expected to lead in terms of consumption of protective fabrics. The U.S. invests over US$ 600 Bn in its military, which is the base budget allocated to the Department of Defense. Apart from that, the U.S. spends on overseas operations, FBI, homeland security, and the Department of Energy, all of which generate high demand for protective fabrics. In the Asia Pacific protective fabrics market, India is expected to be the most lucrative country in terms of spending Y-o-Y growth. Other top consuming countries across the globe include China, Germany, the U.K., Saudi Arabia, Russia, and France, among others.
Global Protective Fabrics Market: Key players
Some of the key players operating in the global protective fabrics market are –
- Milliken & Company
- Koninklijke Ten Cate nv
- L. Gore & Associates GmbH
- 3M Company
- Glen Raven, Inc.
- Lorica International
- Klopman International
- DowDuPont Inc.
- Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc.
Some of the key trends in the global protective fabrics market include –
- Focus on the production of machine-washable protective fabrics
- Focus resources on the catering demand generated from the defense sector as well as the chemical industry
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.