Protection Cultures Market – Introduction
With the increase in the ready-to-eat trends fueled by the hectic lifestyles of consumers, there is an evident demand for the food products with longer shelf life. As a result, proliferated adoption trends of protective cultures are observed in the food and beverages industry. However, rising health consciousness among consumers and their demand for clean products are likely to propel the demand for protective cultures.
Protective cultures are formulations comprising one or more microbial species, which aid in the survival and storage of food products. They find extensive application in Dairy and Dairy Products, Sea Foods, and Meat and Poultry Products. Among these applications, dairy and dairy products are estimated to contribute massively to the growing size of the protective cultures market, on account of the large product portfolio of dairy industry such as spread, butter, fermented milk products, and cheese. On the whole, the global protective cultures market is predicted to remain lucrative in the forthcoming years.
Protective Cultures Market – Novel Developments
The emerging and leading players operating in the global protective cultures market include CHR Hansen, Soyuzsnab Group of Companies, Aristomenis D. Phikas and Co. S.A., Bioprox, Royal DSM N.V., Meat Cracks Technology GmbH, Biochem S.R.L., Dalton Biotechnologies, THT S.A., CSK Food Enrichment B.V., Sacco S.R.L, and DowDuPont, among others. These players are ensuring their position in the global protective cultures market with the help of nascent product launches, productive mergers and acquisitions. Below are some of the recent developments from the protective cultures market.
- Royal DSM N.V. paved its way to expansion by launching Delvo Guard to meet the safety standards of clean label products. The product was developed with an aim to control the yeast and mold formation from the dairy products and lengthen the shelf life of these products without impacting their taste and texture.
- DuPont Nutrition and Health Team based in South America developed DuPont Danisco Lactobacillus Plus that blends the strains of L. acidophilus, L. helveticus, and L. paracasei for the production of fermented milk. Such strains are accounted for balancing acidity and flavor while intensifying the rate of fermentation.
Protective Cultures Market – Dynamics
Freeze-dried Protective Cultures to Highly Contribute to the Growing Size of the Global Market
Among the product form such as frozen and freeze-dried, the latter is expected to hold a significant share in the global protective cultures market. Freeze-dried cultures are used to remove excess water for the preservation of food products. The cultures undergo the freezing process and then they are dried at the low temperature using a vacuum. This makes them desirable for use, owing to their handling features and improved storage capabilities. As a subsequence, the adoption rate of freeze-dried is high, which further contributes to the growing size of the global protective cultures market.
European Protective Cultures Market is Poised to Remain Lucrative in the Forthcoming Years
Europe dominates the global dairy industry with its whopping share worth 44% of the total global dairy production. Growing concerns pertaining to the food spoilage is hard-pressing the manufacturers of the food and beverage industry to develop products that can elongate the shelf life of the products. In addition, the shifting focus of the consumers towards health in parallel to their demand for clean products is anticipated to remain influential for the growth of the protective cultures market.
Protective Cultures Market – Segmentation
The global protective cultures market is categorized on the basis of:
- Product Form
- Target Microorganisms
Protective Cultures Market – Product Form
Depending on the product form, the global protective cultures can be divided into:
Protective Cultures Market – Target Microorganism
Based on the target microorganism, the global protective cultures market can be segmented into:
- Yeasts and Molds
Protective Cultures Market – Application
On the basis of the application, the global protective cultures market can be fragmented into:
- Dairy and Dairy Products
- Meat and Poultry Products
- Sea Foods
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and protective cultures market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent protective cultures market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent protective cultures market
- Important changes in protective cultures market dynamics
- Protective cultures market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the protective cultures market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Protective cultures market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional protective cultures markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the protective cultures market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the protective cultures market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent protective cultures market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
- Bioprotective Cultures
- Food Cultures
- Food Biopreservation