Professional Auto Service: Introduction
- An automotive technician or auto mechanic is a professional who fixes, inspects, and helps maintain vehicles. The responsibilities, salaries, degree of education, and training programs associated with each automotive technician profile are quite different.
- Professional auto service provides periodic maintenance services and automotive repair of vehicles. Periodic maintenance plays an important role in maintaining safety of the vehicle. Several parts of the vehicle, such as engines, brakes, batteries, and filters, cannot be visually inspected and hence, specific automotive repair services play an important role. Periodic oil change, brake repair, air conditioning service, and wheel alignment keeps the vehicle in good working condition.
Key Drivers of Global Professional Auto Service Market
- Miles driven per vehicle is also increasing in several countries across the globe. According to the data generated by Enerdata, a program by the European Union, countries such as Austria, France, and Spain have witnessed an increase in distance travelled by cars.
- Rise in trade activities in the region has further increased the usage of commercial vehicles. This rise in miles travelled per vehicle exposes the vehicle to high amount of dirt, grit, snow salt, and other such elements that degrade the performance and esthetic appeal of the vehicle, thus increasing the demand for cleaning services. Thus, a rise in sale of automobiles and miles travelled per vehicles is propelling the professional auto service market across the globe.
- Rapid urbanization owing to an increase in population seeking employment, development of road and infrastructure, and expansion of the construction industry are expected to fuel the demand for transportation. Furthermore, expansion of the e-commerce industry coupled with rapid expansion of the logistics industry across the globe coupled with a rise in the demand for heavy duty vehicles for cargo transport and shipment is anticipated to increase the demand for heavy commercial vehicles.
- Increase in per capita income and expansion of infrastructure owing to booming economies has boosted the demand for vehicles with comfort, luxury, and enhanced driving dynamics. Furthermore, increase in on-road vehicles across the globe is anticipated to boost the professional auto service market during the forecast period.
Passenger Vehicle Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The passenger vehicle segment is likely to hold a significant share of the market by the end of the forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for utility vehicles in highly populated countries such as China, India, and Brazil.
- High demand for e-class, crossovers, SUVs, and hatchbacks is driving the passenger vehicle segment, which in turn is likely to boost the professional auto service market. Rise in preference for private transport and buying power of consumers is driving the passenger vehicle segment of the market across the globe.
COVID–19 Pandemic to hamper market:
- The COVID-19 crisis is affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business lockdowns. The global automotive industry is suffering serious disruptions such as supply chain breaks, office shutdowns, and others. For instance, China is global manufacturing hub and raw material supplier of various industries, and it is also one of the worst affected countries. The lockdown of various plants and factories in China is restricting the global supply chains and disrupting manufacturing, delivery schedules, and various material sales. Various companies announced possible delays in product deliveries and slump in future sales of their products. All these factors are anticipated to hamper the global professional auto service market across the globe.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Professional Auto Service Market
- Asia Pacific comprises rapidly expanding economies, including India and those in ASEAN, which is likely to witness higher demand for vehicles and consequently, boost the professional auto service market during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global professional auto service market due to higher volume of vehicles produced in prominent countries, including China and Japan, and lower manufacturing and labor cost across the region. Moreover, availability of inexpensive labor and raw material in the region coupled with increasing number of local manufacturers is likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global professional auto service market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global professional auto service market are:
- Spanial’s Service Center
- Asbury Automotive Group, Inc.
- Ashland Automotive, Inc.
- Firestone Complete Auto Care
- USA Automotive
- AAMCO Transmissions
- Meineke Car Care Center
- Halfords Group Plc.
- LeSueur Car Company
- Driven Brands, Inc.
- Jiffy Lube International, Inc.
- Safelite AutoGlass
- O'Reilly Auto Parts
Global Professional Auto Service Market: Research Scope
Global Professional Auto Service Market, by Maintenance and Repair Parts
- Oil (Engine, Gear, Brake, Etc.)
- Filters (Oil, Fuel, Etc.)
- Wear and Tear Parts
- Collision Body
- Engine Components
Global Professional Auto Service Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Professional Auto Service Market, by Service Provider
- Automobile Dealerships
- Franchise General Repairs
- Specialty Shops
Global Professional Auto Service Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!