Professional Auto Service: Introduction
- An automotive technician or auto mechanic is a professional who fixes, inspects, and helps maintain vehicles. The responsibilities, salaries, degree of education, and training programs associated with each automotive technician profile are quite different.
- Professional auto service provides periodic maintenance services and automotive repair of vehicles. Periodic maintenance plays an important role in maintaining safety of the vehicle. Several parts of the vehicle, such as engines, brakes, batteries, and filters, cannot be visually inspected and hence, specific automotive repair services play an important role. Periodic oil change, brake repair, air conditioning service, and wheel alignment keeps the vehicle in good working condition.
Key Drivers of Global Professional Auto Service Market
- Miles driven per vehicle is also increasing in several countries across the globe. According to the data generated by Enerdata, a program by the European Union, countries such as Austria, France, and Spain have witnessed an increase in distance travelled by cars.
- Rise in trade activities in the region has further increased the usage of commercial vehicles. This rise in miles travelled per vehicle exposes the vehicle to high amount of dirt, grit, snow salt, and other such elements that degrade the performance and esthetic appeal of the vehicle, thus increasing the demand for cleaning services. Thus, a rise in sale of automobiles and miles travelled per vehicles is propelling the professional auto service market across the globe.
- Rapid urbanization owing to an increase in population seeking employment, development of road and infrastructure, and expansion of the construction industry are expected to fuel the demand for transportation. Furthermore, expansion of the e-commerce industry coupled with rapid expansion of the logistics industry across the globe coupled with a rise in the demand for heavy duty vehicles for cargo transport and shipment is anticipated to increase the demand for heavy commercial vehicles.
- Increase in per capita income and expansion of infrastructure owing to booming economies has boosted the demand for vehicles with comfort, luxury, and enhanced driving dynamics. Furthermore, increase in on-road vehicles across the globe is anticipated to boost the professional auto service market during the forecast period.
Passenger Vehicle Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The passenger vehicle segment is likely to hold a significant share of the market by the end of the forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for utility vehicles in highly populated countries such as China, India, and Brazil.
- High demand for e-class, crossovers, SUVs, and hatchbacks is driving the passenger vehicle segment, which in turn is likely to boost the professional auto service market. Rise in preference for private transport and buying power of consumers is driving the passenger vehicle segment of the market across the globe.
COVID–19 Pandemic to hamper market:
- The COVID-19 crisis is affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business lockdowns. The global automotive industry is suffering serious disruptions such as supply chain breaks, office shutdowns, and others. For instance, China is global manufacturing hub and raw material supplier of various industries, and it is also one of the worst affected countries. The lockdown of various plants and factories in China is restricting the global supply chains and disrupting manufacturing, delivery schedules, and various material sales. Various companies announced possible delays in product deliveries and slump in future sales of their products. All these factors are anticipated to hamper the global professional auto service market across the globe.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Professional Auto Service Market
- Asia Pacific comprises rapidly expanding economies, including India and those in ASEAN, which is likely to witness higher demand for vehicles and consequently, boost the professional auto service market during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global professional auto service market due to higher volume of vehicles produced in prominent countries, including China and Japan, and lower manufacturing and labor cost across the region. Moreover, availability of inexpensive labor and raw material in the region coupled with increasing number of local manufacturers is likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global professional auto service market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global professional auto service market are:
- Spanial’s Service Center
- Asbury Automotive Group, Inc.
- Ashland Automotive, Inc.
- Firestone Complete Auto Care
- USA Automotive
- AAMCO Transmissions
- Meineke Car Care Center
- Halfords Group Plc.
- LeSueur Car Company
- Driven Brands, Inc.
- Jiffy Lube International, Inc.
- Safelite AutoGlass
- O'Reilly Auto Parts
Global Professional Auto Service Market: Research Scope
Global Professional Auto Service Market, by Maintenance and Repair Parts
- Oil (Engine, Gear, Brake, Etc.)
- Filters (Oil, Fuel, Etc.)
- Wear and Tear Parts
- Collision Body
- Engine Components
Global Professional Auto Service Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Professional Auto Service Market, by Service Provider
- Automobile Dealerships
- Franchise General Repairs
- Specialty Shops
Global Professional Auto Service Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.