Procurement Analytics Market: Introduction
- Procurement analytics is the process of tapping into a huge reservoir of procurement data using analytical and quantitative methods to improve a set of actionable insights to increase value and enhance operations.
- Procurement analytics is not a new concept for business. Many companies are using procurement analytics in one form or another for many years. Many firms have recognized the value of analytics, and have perceived it as something used by procurement professionals.
- Procurement analytics can also create noteworthy values for the transactional aspects of procurements. These analytics can measure bottlenecks, purchase order cycle time, and can be used to study and recommend savings improvements associated with payments terms. By using procurement analytics, the user can estimate the precision of payments, evaluate discount opportunities, and monitor duplicate payments or frauds.
- Regarding strategic sourcing, procurement analytics can be used to divide spend across geographies, commodities, and entities to identify opportunities to generate value and savings. Procurement analytics is used to identify essential triggers for sourcing events. This contains data on supplier risk, performance profile, quality as well as purchasing trends, and demand forecasts.
Procurement Analytics Market: Dynamics
Procurement Analytics Market: Key Drivers
- Procurement analytics is driven by the increasing need to anticipate risks and losses, decrease operational costs, enhance productivity, and execute constant business growth. Procurement analytics offers data-driven knowledge that helps businesses to improve their service levels. Procurement processes such as design, planning, delivery, production, and service has increased the adoption of analytics tools.
- Enterprises that use procurement analytics tools face privacy and security issues. Companies have sensitive data that needs to be protected to avoid theft and data breaches. The control of restricted information with analytical assistance is a source of worry for enterprises that their data may be leaked over the internet and can be used by unauthorized users. Moreover, TMS (Transportation Management Systems) use cross-functional architecture, in which a single software runs on a server. As a result, the growth of the procurement analytics market may be hampered during the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Procurement Analytics Market
- Most companies are adopting the work-from-home module during the pandemic period. Companies are decreasing their investment in new technologies and services to manage their profitability. Several small businesses closed down due to lack of funds to sustain in the market.
- Demand for procurement analytics decreased during the COVID-19 lockdown situation; however, it is expected to rise after the pandemic situation due to the increasing dependency of commercial sectors and services on procurement analytics.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Procurement Analytics Market
- In terms of region, the global procurement analytics market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global procurement analytics market in 2020. The U.S. is a key market in terms of adoption of new technologies. Strong financial position enables the country to invest heavily on adopting leading tools and technologies to ensure business operations.
Key Players Operating in Global Procurement Analytics Market
- SAP SE
SAP SE is a global technology company that provides enterprise application software for industries and companies across diverse sectors. The company offers solutions for various businesses, including commerce, finance, asset management, manufacturing, human resources, supply chain, and procurement. The company provides analytic solutions such as agile visualization and business intelligence for information and data needs.
- International Business Machines Corporation
IBM Corporation is a leading technology company that produces software and hardware solutions. It is a prominent research company in the U.S. patent market with a significant number of patents. The company offers a wide range of services of analytics, cloud, Watson, customer engagement, Internet of Things, industry solutions, IT infrastructure, mobile, and security. IBM cloud services include cloud managed services, cloud advisory services, and cloud migration services.
Other key players operating in the procurement analytics market include Oracle Corporation, Coupa Software, Inc., SAS Institute Inc., Genpact, Rosslyn Data Technologies, Microsoft Corporation, Cisco, GEP, Zycus, and Corcentric.
Procurement Analytics Market: Research Scope
Procurement Analytics Market, by Component
Procurement Analytics Market, by Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
Procurement Analytics Market, by Application
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Risk Analytics
- Spend Analytics
- Demand Forecasting
- Contract Management
- Vendor Management
- Category Management
Procurement Analytics Market, by Vertical
- Retail and E-commerce
- Telecom and IT
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Energy and Utilities
- Government and Defense
Procurement Analytics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.