Process chromatography has become of the most enabling technologies in biopharmaceutical downstream processing and is used to purify small to large molecules for further use, rather than analysis. Various biopharmaceutical companies need high performance and high throughput on a large scale which can be achieved with the help of process-scale bioseparations. The prime purpose of process chromatography is to separate the components of a mixture for more advanced applications. Process chromatography plays a vital role in the development of monoclonal antibodies. Moreover, increasing need of separation analysis in large process industries is contributing towards the growth of the process chromatography market. The global process chromatography market is estimated to witness a tremendous growth in the near future but the need for skilled professionals would pose a great hindrance to the growth of the market.
Based on applications, the process chromatography market can be segmented as follows:
- Pharmaceutical and Biotech: Process chromatography is used extensively in pharmaceutical industries to analyze the exact chiral compound in order to manufacture the correct drug. The process can effectively separate vitamins, proteins and amino acids for purification of chemicals required for manufacturing of pharmaceuticals.
- Food industry: Process chromatography is used in the food industry to detect pesticide or insecticide residues from the food samples. With this simple and rapid process, purity of the organic compound can be checked quite easily.
- Environmental monitoring: Environmental monitoring is one of the most significant applications of process chromatography. For instance, the determination of cyanide in the environment due to its high level of toxicity.
- Forensic laboratories: In the field of forensic science, objects collected as evidence is used in forensic laboratories to detect the presence of specific substances. The process is done by identifying certain DNA, from hair, blood etc. that helps in the detection of the crime.
Based on geography, the process chromatography market can be segmented into four major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World. Among these regions, North America holds a leading position in the market followed by Europe. The major factors which are driving the growth of the process chromatography market in these regions are presence of large number of pharmaceutical companies and academic institutions, and huge government investment. In addition, for the development of pure drug components, biopharmaceutical industry is now extensively using chromatography techniques in their processes. Asia Pacific is the most promising market for the growth of process chromatography market as the region is developing at a rapid pace. The factors which are propelling the growth of the market in Asia Pacific are constant increase in the number of research activities for the development of drugs and biologics, increasing technological advancements, growing demand for process chromatography techniques. Moreover, certain benefits such as better government initiative and support would further augment the growth of process chromatography market in the coming few years.
Various companies are operating in the process chromatography market for the development of a large number of processes. Moreover, most of the companies have tight partnerships with their clients to deliver the best results through process scale. Some of the major players in the process chromatography market are Siemens AG, Emerson Electric Co., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., GE Co., Danaher Corp., Yokogawa Electric Corp., and others.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.