The prestressed concrete market is observing stable growth and is extrapolated to invite tremendous growth opportunities during the assessment period of 2017-2025. The infrastructure initiatives undertaken by the government bodies of numerous countries around the world are increasing at a rapid pace. This aspect will have a large impact on the growth of the prestressed concrete market.
- The rising focus on reducing the overall construction costs will serve as a major growth accelerator for the prestressed concrete market. The rising urbanization levels and the booming population numbers are also expected to contribute largely to the growth of the prestressed concrete market.
- Emerging economies like India and China are also adding extra stars of growth to the prestressed concrete market. The dense population and the increasing rural-to-urban migration will prove to be profitable growth generators for the prestressed concrete market.
- Strategic collaborations are expected to invite promising growth for the prestressed concrete market. The players are involved in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and partnerships for cementing their foothold. These activities help in increasing the growth opportunities across the prestressed concrete market. The investments in the construction sector are expected to rise in the coming years. This factor will also play a pivotal role in the growth of the prestressed concrete market.
Prestress is a technique to overcome the weakness of concrete during tension. In general, concrete undergoes tension on bottom flange and compression on top flange. In prestressing, the tendons are stressed along the axis and cement is charged; later, when the tendons are released the bottom is compressed and counter balance the compression at the top part of the beam. The characteristic of prestressed concrete is that it allows preset engineering stresses to counteract stresses that occur during service loads. Prestressing eliminates a number of design limits that conventional concrete faces on load and span and it permits building of floors, bridges, roofs, and walls with longer unsupported spans.
The global prestressed concrete market can be segmented based on prestressing types, force applied, application, and region.
In terms of prestressing type, the prestressed concrete market can be classified into external or internal; pre-tension or post-tension; linear or circular; full, limited, or partial; and uniaxial, biaxial, or multi-axial. When prestressing is achieved by tendons located outside the concrete, it is called external prestressing; when tendons are located inside the concrete, it is called internal prestressing. When tension is applied to the element before casting of the concrete, it is known as pre-tension prestressing; when tension is applied to the element after hardening, it is known as post-tension prestressing. Prestressing, when related to members that are flat or straight, is called linear prestressing, and when it is related to members that are curved, it is called circular prestressing. When the level of prestressing is such that there is no tensile stress in concrete under service load, it is termed as full prestressing. When the level of prestressing is within the cracking stress of concrete, it is called as limited prestressing. Likewise, when the level of prestressing is under service loads and the crack width is within limits, it is referred as partial prestressing. When the prestressing elements are parallel to one axis, it is known as uniaxial prestressing; when the prestressing elements are parallel to two axes, it is known as biaxial prestressing, while multi-axial prestressing means the elements are parallel to more than two axes. External or internal prestressing accounts for the major share of the prestressed concrete market.
Based on force applied, the prestressed concrete market can be divided into mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical. In mechanical prestressing, devices such as gear transmission and lever transmission in combination of screw jacks and pulley blocks are used. Mechanical prestressing is generally employed in mass scale production. In hydraulic prestressing, a large hydraulic jack is used for tensioning of the elements. This method is the simplest among all and produces huge forces. In electrical prestressing, steel wires are heated with electric source and later before placing them in the concrete moulds. The hydraulic prestressing segment accounts for the major market share due to its simplicity in operation and cost effectiveness.
In terms of application, the prestressed concrete market can be segregated into residential, commercial, and industrial. The commercial application segment includes shopping malls, bridges, gymnasiums, school or college auditoriums, and cafeterias. The commercial application segment witnessed the highest growth in the prestressed concrete market during the forecast period.
Based on region, the prestressed concrete market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The prestressed concrete market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period owing to the increase in construction activities in the region. North America constitutes a major share of the prestressed concrete market, followed by Europe.
Key players operating in the global prestressed concrete market are US Concrete Products Corporation, Coastal Precast, Oldcastle Precast, Elematic precast technology, Vollert Anlagenbau GmbH, Eco Chimneys Private Limited, and Chengdu Jin Rui Construction&Engineering Machinery Co., Ltd.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.