Pressure Switches Market: Introduction
A pressure switch is a type of switch that switches off an electrical contact point when a particular amount of force is reached upon input. The pressure switch is designed in such a way that it makes contact on either the pressure rising or falling. A different type of pressure switch is able to detect mechanical force. For e.g. – A pressure sensitive mat that automatically opens doors in office complexes. A pressure switch for the purpose of sensing liquid pressure comprises bellows, capsules, Bourdon tubes, piston elements or diaphragms that displace proportionately in relation to the pressure applied. The resultant motion is either directly applied or through the help of amplifying levers to a switch contact set. As the pressure can be slow acting and the contacts should ideally operate quickly, an over-centre mechanism like a mini snap-action switch is deployed to ensure rapid contact operation.
A certain type of sensitive pressure switch available in the global pressure switches market uses mercury mounted on Bourdon tubes; the mercury’s constantly shifting weight is able to provide vital over-centre characteristic. Pressure switches can be adjusted by adjusting the counterbalance spring tension or moving the contacts. Industrial pressure switches could even have a calibrated pointer and scale to identify the switch set point. A pressure switch typically has a range that is differential around the set point wherein small pressure changes do not significantly alter the state of the contact. A few options in the global pressure switches market even permit differential adjustment.
Pressure Switches Market: Types of pressure switches
Some of the common variants that can be purchased in the global pressure switches market are-
Pneumatic pressure switches – Pneumatic pressure switches are most useful in
- House well water pumps where water is extracted automatically from a pressurized tank
- Turning off an electrically powered gas compressor as a certain degree of pressure is applied
- Powering off a gas compressor when there is zero feed at the stage of suction
- To control the in-cell charge in a battery
- Switching on or off an aircraft cockpit alarm light particularly when cabin pressure based on the altitude is dangerously low
- Air filled hoses that turn on switches when vehicles pass over them. Typically used to measure the volume of traffic and at petrol stations
Hydraulic pressure switches – Hydraulic pressure switches find greatest application in the automobile industry. They can be used to –
- To turn on warning light if and when the engine oil drops below the acceptable level
- In the case of dust control systems, pressure switches are placed on the header to sound an alarm when header air pressure is lower than necessary to either decline or gain energy beyond a decided value
- To control a torque converter or automatic transmission
- To send power to brake lights, cars manufactured before the 1960’s used pressure switches that sensed the hydraulic braking circuit. The latter would switch off with added pressure because of depressing the driver pedal, finishing an electrical circuit. Eventually, the automobile industry replaced the former with simple position sensing switches on the pedals that are placed near the electrical circuit as soon as the brake pedal is floored and before the hydraulic system pressure increases, leading quicker brake light function.
Pressure Switches Market: Companies
A few of the prominent companies in the global pressure switches market are Danfoss, Honeywell, LEFOO, MAMCO Switches, and Barksdale Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.