Pressure Sensitive Graphic Films Market: Overview
- Pressure sensitive graphic films are films, sheets, and tapes that are made of materials such as plastics, polymers, textiles, and paper. Pressure sensitive graphic films have a thin layer of adhesive on one or both surfaces.
- Pressure sensitive graphic films are widely used in graphic wraps, tapes, labels, protective films, and specialty films, as well as tinting, masking, and insulating. Pressure sensitive graphic films is a preferred material in a wide array of industries including packaging, electronics, medical, automotive, construction, footwear, furniture, aerospace, and consumer goods.
- Some of the benefits offered by pressure sensitive graphic films are easy use and disposal, low material usage, versatility, and quick application as per the end-user requirement. These advantages make pressure sensitive graphic films a selective material of choice over their alternatives such as screws and clamps.
- Based on application, the global pressure sensitive graphic films market can be segmented into indoor advertising & branding, outdoor advertising & branding, vehicle graphics, road traffic & safety markings, architectural graphics, and others.
Key Drivers of Global Pressure Sensitive Graphic Films Market
- Cast vinyl films are considered premium pressure sensitive graphic films. Cast vinyl films remain in a relaxed state. They remain durable, flexible, conformable, and dimensionally stable and also, they retain their color. Furthermore, cast vinyl films are ideal for use with complex surfaces such as vehicles. Thus, the demand for cast vinyl films is rising. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the global pressure sensitive graphic films market during the forecast period.
- Water-based graphic films that are based on formulating technologies is the most promising option of pressure sensitive graphic films. Water-based was the most rapidly expanding segment in 2019. Increasing demand for water-based graphic films is anticipated to fuel the global pressure sensitive graphic films market during the forecast period.
Global Pressure Sensitive Graphic Films Market, by Application
- Based on application, the global pressure sensitive graphic films market can be segmented into indoor advertising & branding, outdoor advertising & branding, vehicle graphics, road traffic & safety markings, architectural graphics, and others
- The indoor advertising & branding application segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to excellent adhesion offered by pressure-sensitive graphic films to monomeric polyvinyl chloride (PVC) as well as their good dimensional stability, water resistance, plasticizer resistance, toluene-free nature, and die-cut ability.
- Vehicle graphics is anticipated to be the most rapidly expanding segment during the forecast period, as vehicle graphics feature medium-life polymeric calendared films, particularly for leased vehicle fleets, and durable, conformable, high-quality cast films for long-life commercial fleet markings and personalized vehicle body wraps
Asia Pacific to Hold a Significant Share of Global Pressure Sensitive Graphic Films Market
- In terms of region, the global pressure sensitive graphic films market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The pressure sensitive graphic films market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to boom in the economy of the region, rise in the GDP, and availability of optimum resources. Asia Pacific is the most populated region in the world. Demand for indoor advertising in the region is high.
- The pressure sensitive graphic films market in Europe is projected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Demand for these films in Europe is likely to rise in the next few years, due to increase in the usage of films in vehicle wrapping in the region.
- Middle East & Africa and Latin America accounted for a low share of the global pressure sensitive graphic films market, in terms of demand, in 2019. However, the demand for pressure sensitive graphic films in these regions is estimated to rise significantly in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Pressure Sensitive Graphic Films Market
The global pressure sensitive graphic films market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers for pressure sensitive graphic films operating in the global market are:
- BASF SE
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Lintec Graphic Films
- American Traffic Safety Materials
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- H.B. Fuller
- Cattie Adhesives
Global Pressure Sensitive Graphic Films Market: Research Scope
Global Pressure Sensitive Graphic Films Market, by Type
- Cast Vinyl Films
- Polymeric Calendared Vinyl Films
- Monomeric Calendared Vinyl Films
- Engineered Films
Global Pressure Sensitive Graphic Films Market, by Formulating Technology
- Hot Melt
Global Pressure Sensitive Graphic Films Market, by Application
- Indoor Advertising & Branding
- Outdoor Advertising & Branding
- Vehicle Graphics
- Road Traffic & Safety Markings
- Architectural Graphics
Global Pressure Sensitive Graphic Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!