Pressure-sensitive Graphic Films Market: Introduction
- Pressure-sensitive graphic films are widely used for applications such as communication or personalization of fleet marking, advertising graphics, window films, protective films, car wrapping, and signage
- Pressure-sensitive graphic films offer benefits such as low material usage, easy use and disposal, quick application, and versatility according to the end-user requirement. These advantages make pressure-sensitive graphic films a preferred material of choice over their alternatives such as screws and clamps. Pressure-sensitive graphic films have been adopted as preferred materials in a wide array of industries including packaging, electronics, medical, automotive, construction, footwear, furniture, aerospace, and consumer goods.
Key Drivers of Global Pressure-sensitive Graphic Films Market
- Pressure-sensitive graphic films are sheets, films, and tapes of materials such as plastics, polymers, textiles, and paper, with a thin layer of adhesive on one or both surfaces. These films are largely used in tapes, labels, graphic wraps, protective films as well as tinting, masking, insulating and specialty films.
- Among types, the cast vinyl graphic films segment accounted for a major market share in 2018, owing to high durability of cast vinyl graphic films across a wide range of temperatures, their paint-like finish, and good conformability to irregular substrates
- Among formulating technologies, water-based graphic films was the most rapidly expanding segment in 2018. Petroleum-based adhesives are approximately 20% costlier than petroleum-free adhesives. Therefore, the demand for petroleum-based adhesives is projected to witness sluggish growth in the near future, due to growing environment-related concerns and focus of companies on sustainable solutions. Thus, rising demand for pressure-sensitive graphic films made from bio-based materials is likely to be a key driver of the global pressure-sensitive graphic films market in the next few years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Indoor Advertising & Branding Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Among applications, the indoor advertising & branding segment accounted for a major share of the global pressure-sensitive graphic films market in 2018. It is anticipated to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period, due to excellent adhesion offered by pressure-sensitive graphic films to monomeric polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and their good dimensional stability, good water resistance, excellent plasticizer resistance, toluene-free nature, and good die-cut ability.
- Vehicle graphics is anticipated to be the most rapidly expanding segment during the forecast period, as vehicle graphics feature medium-life polymeric calendared films, particularly for leased vehicle fleets, and durable, conformable, high-quality cast films for long-life commercial fleet markings and personalized vehicle body wraps
- The architectural graphics segment of the global pressure-sensitive graphic films market comprises a variety of applications, including both indoor and outdoor, for every type of film, including reflective, fluorescent, engineered films employed for road traffic and safety markings. Along with traditional uses such as directional signage, durable external color facings on buildings, and screening and safety markings on glass walls, pressure-sensitive graphic films are also used in home décor.
Fluctuation in Prices of Raw Materials to Hamper Global Market
- Key raw materials used in the manufacture of pressure-sensitive graphic films are acrylics, silicone, and rubber. Other formulations include polyurethane, vinyl acetate, and epoxy. Prices of these raw materials depend on prices of crude oil. Thus, changes in prices of raw materials, followed by fluctuations in prices of crude oil, are likely to adversely impact the global pressure-sensitive graphic films market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Pressure-sensitive Graphic Films Market
- The pressure-sensitive graphic films market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to boom in the economy of the region, rise in the GDP, and availability of optimum resources. Asia Pacific is the most populated region in the world. Demand for indoor advertising is high in the region.
- The pressure-sensitive graphic films market in Europe is projected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Demand for these films in Europe is likely to rise in the next few years, due to increase in the usage of films in vehicle wrapping in the region.
- Demand for pressure-sensitive graphic films in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to rise significantly in the near future. These regions accounted for a low share of the global pressure-sensitive graphic films market, in terms of demand, in 2018. However, these regions are projected to create lucrative opportunities for the pressure-sensitive graphic films market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Global Market
Several players operate in the global pressure-sensitive graphic films market. However, the market is witnessing an increasing shift in dynamics toward consolidation. This can be ascribed to new product development by major companies operating in the U.S. and Europe markets in order to capitalize on the untapped growth potential of Asia Pacific and Africa. Key players operating in the global pressure-sensitive graphic films market are:
- BASF SE
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Lintec Graphic Films
- American Traffic Safety Materials
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- H.B. Fuller
- Cattie Adhesives
Global Pressure-sensitive Graphic Films Market: Research Scope
Global Pressure-sensitive Graphic Films Market, by Type
- Cast Vinyl Films
- Polymeric Calendared Vinyl Films
- Monomeric Calendared Vinyl Films
- Engineered Films
Global Pressure-sensitive Graphic Films Market, by Formulating Technology
- Hot Melt
Global Pressure-sensitive Graphic Films Market, by Application
- Indoor Advertising & Branding
- Outdoor Advertising & Branding
- Vehicle Graphics
- Road Traffic & Safety Markings
- Architectural Graphics
Global Pressure-sensitive Graphic Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.