Fumigation Products Market: Key Highlights
- The global fumigation products market was valued at ~US$ 820 Mn in 2018, and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period.
- The global fumigation products market is driven by the rise in the demand for warehouses/storage and residential applications
- North America accounts for a major share of the global fumigation products market, led by an increase in the demand for residential housing, and supportive government schemes in the region.
Fumigation Products Market: Solid Form to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Solid fumigation refers to the application of fumigants in the form of tablets, powders, or pellets of specific quantities. Solid fumigants are easier to handle and use, and safer than gaseous fumigants. Solid fumigation is also less harmful to the environment.
- Aluminum phosphide is the most widely used solid fumigant. It eliminates pests and insects in all stages of development, i.e., eggs, larvae, pupae, and adults. It is widely used for pest control for agricultural produce such as flour, tea, doffer, cotton, and grain. Calcium cyanide is another solid fumigant. It reacts with water vapor to form hydrogen cyanide, which effectively eliminates pests.
Request A Sample of Fumigation Products Market - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=73509
Lack of Awareness and Potential Health Hazards to Hamper Fumigation Products Market
- Lack of awareness about fumigation products in developing countries such as South Africa, India, and Mexico is a major restraint for the global fumigation products market.
- It creates a significant threat of infestation in these countries, resulting in the increased prevalence of diseases. Additionally, lack of awareness about the safety and precaution measures to be taken while applying fumigation products is another major factor hampering the demand for fumigation products in these countries. For instance, in India, more than 50 farmers in states of Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana died while applying pesticides in 2017.
North America Dominates Global Fumigation Products Market
- Among the regions, North America accounted for a major share of the global fumigation products market in 2018. The demand for warehouse/storage fumigation is high in the region, especially in the U.S.
- The U.S. is projected to lead the fumigation products market in North America in the near future, due to the rise in the international trade of agricultural produce. Additionally, increasing urban population across North America due to the movement of people from rural areas to urban areas is increasing the threat of infestation in new residential spaces. This is anticipated to drive the demand for fumigation products from the residential end-user segment. This, in turn, would propel the expansion of the fumigation products market in North America.
Highly Competitive Market Due to Large Number of Small and Medium Players
The global fumigation products market is moderately fragmented. There are a large number of small and medium players that operate across the globe. Top five players — Detia Degesch GmbH, Solvay S.A., UPI-USA, Corteva Agriscience, and AMVAC Chemical Corporation — accounted for a combined share of ~30% of the global fumigation products market in 2018. Detia Degesch GmbH accounted for the largest share of the global fumigation products market. The company has a significant distribution network and operates across all major regions. Detia Degesch GmbH focuses on developing new solutions for its fumigation products business. Fumigation service provider Rentokil Initial plc. accounted for a major share of the fumigation services industry. The company has a concrete services network, and is consistently expanding its footprint across the globe.
- In 2018, Rentokil Initial plc. acquired 42 businesses in total, which were primarily engaged in vector control, aquatic pest control, and fumigation. Since 2014, the company has acquired 112 new pest control businesses. It has established an M&A pipeline in the Pacific by acquiring 19 pest control companies.
Global Fumigation Products Market: Research Scope
Fumigation Products Market by Form
Fumigation Products Market by Treatment Method
- Magnesium Phosphide
- Aluminum Phosphide
- Sulfuryl Fluoride
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Others (Methyl Bromine and Calcium Cyanide)
Fumigation Products Market by End User
- Others (Commercial Complex and Pharmaceutical Companies)
Fumigation Products Market by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 Sate Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
7 of 10 large enterprizes view our ToC to take the right decision.View Report ToC