Published: Jul, 2019
- The electronic data interchange solutions (EDI) market is expected to register a CAGR of ~ 8.5% between 2019 and 2027. The electronic data interchange solutions market is projected to be driven by the increasing operating costs of companies and advancements in technologies.
- The global electronic data interchange solutions market is expected to reach ~ US$ 47 Bn by 2027, from ~ US$ 24.6 Bn in 2019. The development of EDI integration with advanced technologies is boosting the EDI solutions market.
- The electronic data interchange solutions market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by Europe.
- North America remains the dominant market leader in the global EDI solutions market, with revenues in 2019 estimated to reach ~ US$ 10.1 Bn. Growth in the demand for the faster transferability of documents among different trading partners across the globe is expected to exponentially drive the electronic data interchange solutions market.
- Asia Pacific is projected to see high growth in the global electronic data interchange solutions market during the forecast period. This is due to increasing digitization initiatives by governments across the region, and rise in demand from other regions as well.
Electronic Data Interchange Solutions Market: Definition
- The electronic data interchange solutions market report provides analysis of the global electronic data interchange solutions market for the period 2017–2027, wherein, 2018 is the base year and 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period. Data for 2017 has been included as historical information.
- In this report, we analyze the growth drivers that are increasing the value of the EDI solutions market, and how organizations can replace the workforce with advanced EDI technologies. Moreover, organizations are ready to invest in these technologies due to increasing competition for EDI solutions.
- Organizations are adapting and updating EDI solutions rapidly due to their numerous benefits, such as reduction in paperwork and transcription errors, enhanced response time for procurement and customer needs, reduced stock out situation of inventory, and secure payment of vendors.
Asia Pacific Electronic Data Interchange Solutions Market – Snapshot
Asia Pacific is one the growing regions, where population is a driving factor for large and small & medium enterprises to expand their business and provide enhanced services to customers. Therefore, enterprises are focusing on technology-driven solutions, which will help them reduce cost and save time in documentation processes. For the same reason, Asia Pacific is expected to see the highest opportunity addition in the electronic data interchange solutions market, globally, with the Middle East & Africa being the next closest region.
Key Growth Drivers of the Electronic Data Interchange Solutions Market
- Increasing integration of advanced technologies with EDI – Integration of advanced technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, and machine learning with EDI are increasing the demand for electronic data interchange solutions across the globe.
- Rising adoption of EDI in supply chain – a supply chain involves a great deal of transfer of documents among different trading partners, due to which, the demand for electronic data interchange solutions in supply chains is high. Moreover, electronic data interchange solutions help to drastically reduce cost and save time during the transfer of documented files.
Key Challenges Faced by Electronic Data Interchange Solutions Market Players
- The initial deployment cost of an electronic data interchange solution is high, owing to the implementation, customization, and training of employees. Companies face a shortage of skilled EDI staff, and hence, face a challenge in training staff, since the cost of training is considerably high. This is restraining the growth of the EDI solutions market.
- Resistance to change is another crucial factor that is hindering the growth of the electronic data interchange solutions market. This is primarily because people do not change easily, and are not ready to move away from their comfort zones and implement new technologies.
Electronic Data Interchange Solutions Market – Competitive Landscape
- In March 2019, GE Healthcare and Adventist Health announced that it would increase the lifecycle management of clinical assets and improve the revenue cycle management (RCM) of the company. Subsequently, the company is expected to enhance customer experience and save time spent on manual activities.
- In March 2019, SPS Commerce launched a fulfillment app. It is fully-embedded with electronic data interchange solutions, which are available for the e-Commerce platform. This app is expected to help SPS Commerce offer significant opportunity to merchants in receiving thousands of orders for various retail organizations within two business days. Furthermore, this would help the company cater to a large number of customers.
- In December 2018, OpenText Corporation acquired Liaison Technologies, Inc. Liaison provides cloud-based information integration and data management solutions. OpenText Corporation would be able to provide secure, efficient, and smooth information flows with the help of this acquisition. Moreover, it is expected to enable the company in expanding its services in different segments and provide unique managed services.
- In November 2018, IBM Corporation released a new version of IBM B2B Integrator and IBM File Gateway, known as B2B Integrator V.6. This is estimated to reduce the time taken for file transfer for IBM clients, and RESTful APIs would reduce development and deployment time.
Electronic Data Interchange Solutions Market - Company Profiles
GE Healthcare: Founded in 1994, GE Healthcare is a prominent global company that provides services in digital infrastructure, data analytics, and medical technologies. Additionally, it also offers decision support tools that help healthcare professionals diagnose, treat, and monitor their patients. GE Healthcare also provides various EDI services such as claims, remittance clearing, and revenue cycle management for hospitals.
IBM Corporation: Founded in 1911, IBM Corporation is a multinational company that manufactures and markets products such as computer hardware, middleware, and software, along with hosting and IT consulting services. IBM Corporation’s product categories include analytics, cloud, Watson, customer engagement, Internet of Things, industry solutions, mobile, and security. IBM cloud services include cloud managed services, cloud advisory services, and cloud migration services.
True Commerce, Inc.: Founded in 1995, True Commerce, Inc. provides diverse services to businesses, such as EDI Solutions, EDI Enablement, EDI software, electronic data interchange, and EDI integration for ERP and accounting systems. It also offers e-Commerce, supplier management, vendor managed inventory, inventory management, and sales analytics.
Other major players operating in the global electronic data interchange solutions market and profiled in the report include BTC AG, Cleo, CovalentWorks, Dell Inc., Mckesson Corporation, Salesforce.com Inc., and SPS Commerce. Companies are shifting toward AI and machine learning, and up-scaling their skills to gain a competitive advantage in the electronic data interchange solutions market, apart from maintaining their position in the market.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Solutions Market by Type
- EDI VAN (Value-added Network
- EDI Software
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Solutions Market by Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Solutions Market by Industry
- Telecom & IT
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Solutions Market by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South America
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information. Our business offerings represent the latest and the most reliable information indispensable for businesses to sustain a competitive edge.
Each TMR syndicated research report covers a different sector - such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, food & beverages, semiconductors, med-devices, consumer goods and technology. These reports provide in-depth analysis and deep segmentation to possible micro levels. With wider scope and stratified research methodology, TMR’s syndicated reports thrive to provide clients to serve their overall research requirement.