Published: Sep, 2019
According to a new research report published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) the global discrete diodes market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 6.6 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~6% from 2019 to 2027. According to the report, the global discrete diodes market is likely to continue to be influenced by a range of macroeconomic and market-specific factors in the next few years.
In terms of demand, North America is projected to continue to lead the global discrete diodes market, with the market in the region expanding at a CAGR of ~7% between 2019 and 2027.
Global Discrete Diodes Market: Overview
- The global discrete diodes market is expected to be driven by the increasing demand for advanced electronics in various industries, and the demand for discrete diodes for use in electric cars and plug-in hybrid electric cars. The rising demand for better and innovative electronic appliances is anticipated to boost the global discrete diodes market throughout the forecast period.
- Increasing awareness about the adverse effects of using petrol- and diesel-powered vehicles on the environment has resulted in advancements in the automotive industry, in the form of electric vehicles and hybrid electric vehicles. Increasing demand from consumers for electric cars and hybrid electric cars is expected to drive the demand for discrete semiconductors in the automotive industry in the near future. With increased adoption of discrete diodes in electric cars, companies are introducing fresh-traction inverter diodes for use in electric cars, as these diodes are significant elements that can convert battery energy from direct current.
- The power diodes segment is expected to dominate the global discrete diodes market during the forecast period, owing to the high adoption of power diodes as rectifier diodes, voltage multipliers, and freewheeling diodes, worldwide.
Communications Application Prominent in Global Discrete Diodes Market
- With the increasing shipments of smartphones and tablets across the globe, the global communications sector is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR in the discrete diodes market during the forecast period.
- Discrete diodes, such as laser diodes, are preferred for use in communication applications, as they are easy to modulate. Also, they are used for high-speed data transmission.
- The communications segment held 49.5% share of the global discrete diodes market, in terms of revenue, in 2018.
- The consumer electronics segment is projected to witness robust growth throughout the forecast period, due to the rising usage of portable electronics devices and growing number of consumer applications, worldwide. Additionally, manufacturers are continuously upgrading their products in terms of design, processing power, power consumption, and user interface in order to gain higher market share.
North America a Highly Lucrative Market for Discrete Diodes
- In terms of region, the global discrete diodes market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. North America dominated the global discrete diodes market, holding 31.1% of the market share in 2018.
- In North America, the U.S. is anticipated to be a major market for discrete diodes in the near future. The presence of a large number of market players and extensive research & development activities in the region are expected to drive the discrete diodes market in the region during the forecast period.
- The discrete diodes market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR throughout the forecast period, owing to rapid growth of the consumer electronics industry and high consolidation of global manufacturers in the region. Also, the high availability of raw materials, and low establishment and labor costs, are expected to augment the discrete diodes market in the region in the next few years.
Discrete Diodes Market: Competition Landscape
- With the objective of business expansion, several players operating in the global discrete diodes market are expanding their offerings through investments in new product development. An increasing number of players are spending significantly on R&D activities to develop technologically-advanced discrete diodes.
- Some of the prominent players operating in the global discrete diodes market are Vishay Intertechnology, Inc., Toshiba Corporation, ROHM Semiconductor, NXP Semiconductors, Infineon Technologies AG, Diodes Inc., On Semiconductor, Microsemi Corp., Central Semiconductor Corporation, Central Semiconductor Corporation, and M/A-Com Technology Solutions
The global discrete diodes market has been segmented as follows:
Discrete Diodes Market by Product
- Power Diodes
- Small-signal Diodes
- RF Diodes
Discrete Diodes Market by Application
- Consumer Electronics
Discrete Diodes Market by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.