Prepaid Energy Meter: Introduction
- A prepaid energy meter needs to be recharged first in order to utilize energy. A prepaid energy meter is just a like a mobile phone or DTH recharge. After recharging, consumers get a set amount of energy for consumption. Once that energy is consumed, the electricity is automatically cut off.
- The traditional method of electricity billing is a lengthy and time consuming process. Even though most energy meters are digital, the problem of human error while making the bill cannot be eliminated. Many countries around the world are taking steps to replace the existing meters with prepaid energy meters in order to eliminate these errors, which is likely to drive the prepaid energy meter market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Prepaid Energy Meter Market
- Prepaid cards and the prepaid phone market have been popular since many years. The market during the forecast period is expected to witness slow growth as it is reaching a saturation point. The next prepaid product market is of electricity, with utilities around the world investing heavily in this segment in order to streamline the distribution and collection process. This is expected to be one of the major driving factors of the prepaid energy meter market during the forecast period.
- Countries around the world are looking for ways to minimize the losses caused due to theft of electricity and unpaid bills. India plans to change all electricity meters to prepaid smart meters by 2022. Such initiatives by governments will fuel the market growth during the forecast period. 5.8 million prepaid meters are already used in Great Britain and the number is expected to increase during the forecast period since consumers prefer to have a control over their expenses and opt for a hassle free service.
- Few global players operate in this market and new players entering the market have huge scope during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Europe to Hold Major Share of the Global Prepaid Energy Meter Market
- In terms of geography, the global prepaid energy meter market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Europe is projected to be the region with highest share in the global prepaid energy meter market followed by North America. This is mainly because developed nations in the region have already adopted prepaid energy meters and are finding ways to market them.
- On the other hand, Asia Pacific is expected be the fastest growing region in the global prepaid energy meter market as many countries in the region are facing problems of electricity theft, and issues with the billing process etc. This has prompted governments of many countries in the region to take important steps to develop the electricity sector.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Major players operating in the global prepaid energy meter market include:
- EDMI Limited
- El Sewedy Electrometer Group
- Elster GmbH
- Hexing Electrical Company Ltd
- Itron Inc.
- PayGo Energy
- Secure Meters
- Siemens AG
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Prepaid Energy Meter Market, Request for a Sample
Global Prepaid Energy Meter Market: Research Scope
Global Prepaid Energy Meter Market, by Product Type
- Thin Meter-based Solutions
- Thick Meter-based Solutions
Global Prepaid Energy Meter Market, by Application
Global Prepaid Energy Meter Market, by Price
Global Prepaid Energy Meter Market, by Distribution Channel
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.