Precision Guided Munitions Market - Introduction
Precision guided munitions is a shell fitted with a terminal guidance system for missiles, bombings or artillery. It includes electrical equipment in order to guide before effect in the last stage. The terminal guidance unit is intended for the sensation within its field of perspective of emitted or reflected EMR (electromagnetic radiation). Because the harm impacts of explosive weapons reduce with distance owing to an inverse cube legislation, even small precision improvements allow a target to be assaulted with fewer or smaller bombs. Thus, even if some guided bombs are missing, fewer air crews are put at risk and may reduce the harm to civilians and the amount of collateral damage.
Precision Guided Munitions Market – Competitive Landscape
- In February 2019, at the Aero India Exhibition in Bangalore, India, IAI introduced Mini Harpy, a newly developed loitering munitions. The Mini Harpy is a field or marine unit tactical scheme. It can be introduced from platforms on land, sea and air.
- In November 2018, Lockheed Martin established a contract worth USD 25.5 million from the Missile Defense Agency in order to develop its Low Power Laser Demonstrator (LPLD) missile interceptor concept.
- In October 2018, Raytheon Company and Saab signed a contract with the US Army to show a laser based munitions which is to be used with the Carl-Gustaf shoulder-fired man-portable launcher.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report here
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Established in 1995, Lockheed Martin Corporation headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, the U.S. is a global defense, aerospace, security and advanced technologies company which is principally engaged in the research, development, design, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology products, systems and services.
BAE Systems Plc.
Established in 1999, BAE Systems plc, headquartered in London, U.K., is a multinational defense, security, and aerospace company. The company is the largest defense contractor in Europe. BAE Systems is the successor to various shipbuilding, aircraft, armaments, armored vehicle and defense electronics companies.
Founded in 1994, Northrop Grumman is headquartered in Virginia, the U.S. Northrop Grumman is a global aerospace and defense technology company that manufactures aircraft, spacecraft, high-energy laser systems and microelectronics. This includes protected communications, intelligence, strike operations, electronic warfare, battle management, surveillance and reconnaissance, and missile defense to space science, Earth observation and space exploration.
Some of the significant players in the global precision guided munitions marker are Raytheon Company, Boeing, Israel Aerospace Industries, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd., Northrop Grumman, BAE Systems Plc., MBDA, L-3 Technologies Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Kongsberg Group, and FN Herstal S.A among others.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report here
Precision Guided Munitions Market - Dynamics
The growing need for extremely accurate strike ammunition, rising asymmetric warfare, geopolitical disputes, and growing programs for military modernization are some of the primary factors that are driving the growth of precision-guided munitions industry. Many nations focus on raising their R&D expenditure & initiating programs to develop lightweight, portable, and effective precision guns of the next generation. The growing use of satellite networks, navigation aids, and drones to destroy high-value, long-distance objectives and demand for miniaturized guns are some of the key factors that are fueling the demand for precision guided munitions. Autonomous precision guided munitions are fitted with electro-optical and high-resolution cameras that assist identify and guide the car to the goal. It is estimated that the increasing demand for multi-target precision strike, multi-mission guns will boost market growth during the forecast period. However, these weapons are restricted in range and have very complex guidance systems, which can hinder the growth of the global market.
Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at highest growth rate throughout the forecast period. The growth in this region can be attributed to the increasing demand for precision guided munitions from the defense forces of the various nations such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea. These countries are investing strongly in high-precision munitions growth.
Precision Guided Munitions Market – Segmentation
The precision guided munitions market can be segmented based on:
Precision Guided Munitions Market Segmentation - By Product
Based on the product, the precision guided munitions market can be fragmented into:
- Guided Rockets
- Tactical Missiles
- Guided Ammunition
- Loitering Munitions
Precision Guided Munitions Market Segmentation - By Type
Based on the type, the precision guided munitions market can be fragmented into:
Precision Guided Munitions Market Segmentation – By Technology
Based on the technology, the precision guided munitions can be fragmented into:
- Semi-active Lasers
- Inertial Navigation System (INS)
- Radar Homing
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
Precision Guided Munitions Market Segmentation - By Application
Based on the application, the precision guided munitions market can be fragmented into:
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.