Pre-insulated Pipes Market: Introduction
- Pre-insulated pipes are widely used for district heating and hot water supply. These pipes primarily help maintain the temperature of the fluid present in them.
- Pre-insulated pipe consists of three parts: carrier pipe, located inside, is typically made of steel, stainless steel, copper, or plastic; insulating layer of polyurethane foam, located over carrier pipe, is specially provided due to its high insulation qualities compared to mass and volume; and protective jacket of plastic or steel on the outside
- Pre-insulated pipes are replacing traditionally insulated pipes in nearly all applications, as they provide enhanced insulation, efficiency, and physical performance
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Pre-insulated Pipes Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Pre-insulated Pipes Market
- Rise in adoption of pre-insulated pipes and increase in awareness about energy-efficient products have boosted the pre-insulated pipes market across the globe
- Implementation of stringent government regulations and initiatives in Europe, such as EPBD and NZEB, in order to reduce the carbon footprint and construct energy-efficient buildings is driving the pre-insulated pipes market. This is also leading to a surge in investments in replacement of existing less efficient district heating systems in the region.
- Key advantages of pre-insulated pipes include excellent thermal efficiency, lower maintenance, reduced on-site labor, and improved safety. These pipes are better protected against leakages and offer superior quality insulation, which minimizes energy loss.
- Pre-insulated pipes are more energy-efficient than traditionally insulated pipes and prevent heat losses by 40% over traditionally insulated pipes. This directly results in cost savings. This factor has fueled the adoption of pre-insulated pipes in various end-use industries in order to prevent heat loss and conserve energy.
Below Ground Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on installation, the global pre-insulated pipes market can be classified into below ground and above ground. The below ground segment accounted for significant share of the market in 2018, as below ground installation reduces the required number of fittings, joints, and welding.
- Below ground insulation is primarily used for media such as steam and hot oil. It consists of polyurethane with an inner layer of mineral wool. Mineral wool brings down the temperature to the permissible application temperature for polyurethane foam. The carrier pipe is supported by special spacers made of stainless steel.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Pre-insulated Pipes Market here
District Heating & Cooling Segment to Dominate Market
- Pre-insulated pipe systems are used in chemical, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and food industries for the transport of drinking water, wastewater, cooling water, hot water, steam, hydrocarbon, chemicals, oil, etc.
- Pre-insulated pipes for heating supply networks can be used in different types of buildings such as hotel complexes, industrial facilities, single family houses, and multi-family living buildings
- Pre-insulated pipes are ideal solutions to supply heat from the local boiler room directly into the building or an easy way to connect the pre-insulated pipe to the manifold of the underfloor heating system
- Thus, large number of installations of district cooling and heating is expected to drive the the pre-insulated pipes market
High Cost to Hamper Market
- High cost of insulation can act as a restraint to the market. Availability of substitutes such as electric trace heating is also anticipated to hamper the market.
- Labor and installation costs of below ground installation systems are high, since these require digging, both during installation and maintenance
- Thus, the factors given above are likely to hamper the global pre-insulated pipes market
Europe Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Pre-insulated Pipes Market
- Based on region, the global pre-insulated pipes market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- In terms of volume and value, Europe dominated the global market in 2018. The region is expected to maintain its dominance of the global market during the forecast period, due to the rise in demand for energy-efficient solutions and increase in number of initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the region.
- District heating is used in commercial, industrial, and residential applications for space heating and domestic hot water supply. Increase in replacement of old district heating systems is expected to drive the market in Europe during the forecast period.
- Various countries in Asia Pacific, such as India and China, are investing in public and private sector to boost the oil & gas industry. Thus, Asia Pacific has emerged as a rapidly expanding region of the global pre-insulated pipes market.
Key Players Operating in Market
The pre-insulated pipes market is highly fragmented, with the presence of many small scale and large scale manufacturers. In 2017, GF Piping Systems, a division of GF, acquired a stake of 49% of Urecon Ltd., Coteau-du-Lac, a specialist of pre-insulated piping systems for freeze protection and chilled water. This move is anticipated to allow GF Piping Systems to expand its footprint in North America and accelerate the introduction of its pre-insulated piping system package for cooling and air-conditioning.
Key players operating in the global pre-insulated pipes market include:
- Uponor Corporation
- KE KELIT Austria
- KC Polymers Pvt Ltd.
- GF Piping Systems
- Ecoline S.R.L.
- LOGSTOR A/S
- Vital Energi Utilities Ltd.
- Set Pipes GmbH
- Polytherm Heating Systems Ltd.
- Maincor Rohrsysteme GmbH & Co. Kg
- Durotan Ltd., Tece GmbH
- Brunata Ltd.
- Simona AG
- Geberit AG
- Thermaflex International
- Thermal Pipe Systems, Inc.
Global Pre-insulated Pipes Market: Research Scope
Global Pre-insulated Pipes Market, by Installation
- Below Ground
- Above Ground
Global Pre-insulated Pipes Market, by End-use Industry
- District Heating & Cooling
- Oil & Gas
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.