Pre-insulated Pipes Market: Introduction
- Pre-insulated pipes are widely used for district heating and hot water supply. These pipes primarily help maintain the temperature of the fluid present in them.
- Pre-insulated pipe consists of three parts: carrier pipe, located inside, is typically made of steel, stainless steel, copper, or plastic; insulating layer of polyurethane foam, located over carrier pipe, is specially provided due to its high insulation qualities compared to mass and volume; and protective jacket of plastic or steel on the outside
- Pre-insulated pipes are replacing traditionally insulated pipes in nearly all applications, as they provide enhanced insulation, efficiency, and physical performance
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Pre-insulated Pipes Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Pre-insulated Pipes Market
- Rise in adoption of pre-insulated pipes and increase in awareness about energy-efficient products have boosted the pre-insulated pipes market across the globe
- Implementation of stringent government regulations and initiatives in Europe, such as EPBD and NZEB, in order to reduce the carbon footprint and construct energy-efficient buildings is driving the pre-insulated pipes market. This is also leading to a surge in investments in replacement of existing less efficient district heating systems in the region.
- Key advantages of pre-insulated pipes include excellent thermal efficiency, lower maintenance, reduced on-site labor, and improved safety. These pipes are better protected against leakages and offer superior quality insulation, which minimizes energy loss.
- Pre-insulated pipes are more energy-efficient than traditionally insulated pipes and prevent heat losses by 40% over traditionally insulated pipes. This directly results in cost savings. This factor has fueled the adoption of pre-insulated pipes in various end-use industries in order to prevent heat loss and conserve energy.
Below Ground Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on installation, the global pre-insulated pipes market can be classified into below ground and above ground. The below ground segment accounted for significant share of the market in 2018, as below ground installation reduces the required number of fittings, joints, and welding.
- Below ground insulation is primarily used for media such as steam and hot oil. It consists of polyurethane with an inner layer of mineral wool. Mineral wool brings down the temperature to the permissible application temperature for polyurethane foam. The carrier pipe is supported by special spacers made of stainless steel.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Pre-insulated Pipes Market here
District Heating & Cooling Segment to Dominate Market
- Pre-insulated pipe systems are used in chemical, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and food industries for the transport of drinking water, wastewater, cooling water, hot water, steam, hydrocarbon, chemicals, oil, etc.
- Pre-insulated pipes for heating supply networks can be used in different types of buildings such as hotel complexes, industrial facilities, single family houses, and multi-family living buildings
- Pre-insulated pipes are ideal solutions to supply heat from the local boiler room directly into the building or an easy way to connect the pre-insulated pipe to the manifold of the underfloor heating system
- Thus, large number of installations of district cooling and heating is expected to drive the the pre-insulated pipes market
High Cost to Hamper Market
- High cost of insulation can act as a restraint to the market. Availability of substitutes such as electric trace heating is also anticipated to hamper the market.
- Labor and installation costs of below ground installation systems are high, since these require digging, both during installation and maintenance
- Thus, the factors given above are likely to hamper the global pre-insulated pipes market
Europe Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Pre-insulated Pipes Market
- Based on region, the global pre-insulated pipes market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- In terms of volume and value, Europe dominated the global market in 2018. The region is expected to maintain its dominance of the global market during the forecast period, due to the rise in demand for energy-efficient solutions and increase in number of initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the region.
- District heating is used in commercial, industrial, and residential applications for space heating and domestic hot water supply. Increase in replacement of old district heating systems is expected to drive the market in Europe during the forecast period.
- Various countries in Asia Pacific, such as India and China, are investing in public and private sector to boost the oil & gas industry. Thus, Asia Pacific has emerged as a rapidly expanding region of the global pre-insulated pipes market.
Key Players Operating in Market
The pre-insulated pipes market is highly fragmented, with the presence of many small scale and large scale manufacturers. In 2017, GF Piping Systems, a division of GF, acquired a stake of 49% of Urecon Ltd., Coteau-du-Lac, a specialist of pre-insulated piping systems for freeze protection and chilled water. This move is anticipated to allow GF Piping Systems to expand its footprint in North America and accelerate the introduction of its pre-insulated piping system package for cooling and air-conditioning.
Key players operating in the global pre-insulated pipes market include:
- Uponor Corporation
- KE KELIT Austria
- KC Polymers Pvt Ltd.
- GF Piping Systems
- Ecoline S.R.L.
- LOGSTOR A/S
- Vital Energi Utilities Ltd.
- Set Pipes GmbH
- Polytherm Heating Systems Ltd.
- Maincor Rohrsysteme GmbH & Co. Kg
- Durotan Ltd., Tece GmbH
- Brunata Ltd.
- Simona AG
- Geberit AG
- Thermaflex International
- Thermal Pipe Systems, Inc.
Global Pre-insulated Pipes Market: Research Scope
Global Pre-insulated Pipes Market, by Installation
- Below Ground
- Above Ground
Global Pre-insulated Pipes Market, by End-use Industry
- District Heating & Cooling
- Oil & Gas
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.