Power Weeder: Introduction
- A power weeder is a two-wheeled agricultural equipment with weeders attached to it. A power weeder can be operated by the operator either by walks or attach it to a tractor to guide the equipment.
- Demand for multipurpose weeding tool in farming is likely to drive the global power weeder market. Power weeders are utilized to remove weeds, stir and pulverize the soil, and to loosen the soil after the crop has begun to grow. Additionally, power weeders are widely used to weed cotton, tomato, tapioca, paddy, sugarcane and pulses among other plant fields.
Key drivers of Power Weeder market
- Rise in adoption of powered equipment for agriculture activities across the globe is estimated to be a prominent driver of the global power weeder market in the near future. Mechanization of agricultural activities is expected to propel the demand for agricultural tractors, harvesters, cultivators, and power weeders among other mechanical farming equipment. Developing economies depend heavily on agriculture; and their growing populations fuel the need for high farm yield. Consequently, governments and international organizations have been initiating various schemes to promote mechanization in the agriculture sector. This, in turn, is expected to drive the global power weeder market.
- For instance, in August 2020, in India, under the Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization, the government released US$ 7.48 Bn to state governments across the country in order to boost inclusive growth and productivity in agriculture through mechanization. Similarly, in Africa, the African Union is aggressively promoting the adoption of sustainable mechanization across the continent under its Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program. Thus, off-highway vehicles, such as tractors and harvesters, are expected to play a pivotal role in augmenting agricultural productivity in these regions.
- Rise in subsistence farming and agricultural activities, globally, is boosting the global power weeder market. Power weeders are cost-effective, smaller in size than tractors, and can be used in various plant fields as compared to tractors; hence, they are employed extensively by small farmers. Tractors can be difficult to operate in hilly areas and on slopes; hence, power weeders are highly useful, as they can be easily maneuvered across small farms. Power weeders are lighter than tractors and hence, provide minimal soil compaction.
- However, disruptions in supply chain catering to the power weeder market, owing to the global pandemic of the coronavirus has led to the shutdown of production and manufacturing facilities, which in turn caused a shortage of raw material. This, in turn, is estimated to hamper the global market in 2020. The coronavirus pandemic has negatively affected the power weeder market across the globe.
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of power weeder market
- In terms of region, the global power weeder market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific has presence of robust expanding economies including China, Japan, India, and South Korea. Asia Pacific is home to a significantly large population, as compared to other regions. Therefore, agricultural activities across Asia Pacific are expected to increase during the forecast period in order to cater to the rising demand for agricultural products across the region.
- Increase in awareness about several benefits offered by mechanical farming equipment, such as saving time and labor costs coupled with government subsidies on farming equipment, is expected to drive the power weeder market in Asia Pacific. All the factors mentioned above have led Asia Pacific to account for a prominent share of the global power weeder market.
Key Players Operating in Global Power Weeder Market
The global power weeder market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the power weeder market are:
- FALC srl
- Greaves Cotton Limited
- Honda Power Equipment
- Kerala Agro Machinery Corporation Ltd. (KAMCO)
- Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited (KMW)
- Kranti Agro
- KUBOTA Corporation
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Minos Agricultural Machinery
- REKHA AGRIPLAS LIMITED
- Shrachi Agro
- V.S.T Weeders Tractors Ltd.
- Vijayalaxmi Agro Tools
- YANMAR CO., LTD.
Global Power Weeder Market: Research Scope
Global Power Weeder Market, by Fuel Type
- Gasoline Power Weeder
- Diesel Power Weeder
- Electric Power Weeder
Global Power Weeder Market, by Product Type
- Mini Power Weeder
- Mid-sized Power Weeder
- Large-sized Power Weeder
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.