Power Steering Fluids: Introduction
- Power steering fluid is a fluid based either on mineral oil or synthetic oil. The major function of power steering fluid is the lubrication of the power steering pump and power steering gear unit. Furthermore, power steering fluid helps decrease the temperature by reducing the friction between the mechanical parts, particularly the power steering system. This, in turn, enhances the lifespan and performance of the vehicle.
- Another major application of the power steering fluid is to ease the transfer of fluid inside the steering system of the vehicle. Moreover, when the power steering fluid is present in between sealed pipes and reinforced hoses, which are connected to piston, it acts as a lubricator to enhance the hydraulic pressure and reduces friction between the mechanical parts of the power steering system. Requirements of the power steering fluid vary from model to model and specifications as suggested by the vehicle manufacturer.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Power Steering Fluids Market
Market Trend: Move toward Electrohydraulic Power Steering (EHPS)
- Presently, automotive manufacturers are including electrohydraulic power steering in heavy commercial vehicles to decrease the consumption of oil. Another prominent feature of the electrohydraulic power steering is decrease in energy requirements, thereby leading to higher transportation efficiency. Furthermore, the electrohydraulic power steering significantly optimizes the amount of pressure and power steering oil required to operate the hydraulic steering systems of heavy commercial vehicles.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Major Drivers of Power Steering Fluids Market
- Properties of power steering fluid including excellent oxidation stability, good flow ability, protection against wear, corrosion, foaming, are key factors that are expected to drive its demand in the near future. Additionally, good resistant against shearing and excellent stable viscosity characteristics at various temperature range possessed by the power steering fluid are likely to propel the market in the near future.
COVID-19 Impact on the Global Power Steering Fluids Market
- Several countries such as China, Italy, France, and India are currently in lockdown, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some countries are facing slowdown in the production of automotive vehicles. The global economy witnessed production slowdown in 2019. At the start of 2020, the risk of worldwide recession was high due to slowdown in automotive production caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Before this pandemic, the demand for automobiles was already sluggish due to automobile overproduction and stocking by companies.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has created several challenges for the global automotive sector. For instance, in January 2020, commercial vehicle sales in China witnessed 18% decline over that in January 2019. China Passenger Car Association (CPCA) had projected that sales of automotive vehicles in the month of February–March 2020 would drop by 40% over those in the same period in 2019. These factors are likely to act as barriers in production and consumption of power steering fluids in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share of Global Power Steering Fluids Market
- In terms of region, the global power steering fluids market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Rise in environmental awareness and increase in government support to boost electric car sales are being witnessed in Asia Pacific. Moreover, China and Japan are facing severe issues pertaining to increase of CO2 emissions. Therefore, governments of these countries are increasingly encouraging the adoption of electric vehicles, which in turn is expected to drive the demand for power steering fluid in order to enhance the lifespan and performance of the power steering system.
- Product improvisation and consistent research and development activities are expected to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the power steering fluids market in North America
Key Players Operating in Global Power Steering Fluids Market
- The global market for power steering fluids is highly fragmented in nature. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are primarily engaged in increasing product offerings across the globe. Major players operating in the global power steering fluids market include:
- Red Line Synthetic Oil
- STP Products Manufacturing Company
- Penrite Oil
- CRP Industries
- HP Lubricants
- Lucas Oil
- Nulon Products Australia
Global Power Steering Fluids Market: Research Scope
Global Power Steering Fluids Market, by Type
- Mineral-oil Based Fluid (Silicone-based Fluids)
- Synthetic-oil Based Fluid (Automatic Transmission Fluids (ATF))
Global Power Steering Fluids Market, by Application
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicles
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.