Power Pedestals Market: Introduction
- Power pedestals are charging stations that deliver custom power solutions for various end-use applications
- These devices are largely designed for outdoor service to meet temporary power requirements at construction sites, marinas, and recreational vehicles. Power pedestals provide safe and reliable means for users to access electricity
- Power pedestals are a convenient source of power to recharge golf carts and electric cars. They are useful for charging block heaters in cold climates. Traditionally, these pedestals were made of metal. Currently, they are often made of highly durable composite materials.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Power Pedestals Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Power Pedestals Market:
- Rise in demand for electricity in residential, commercial, and institutional sectors is anticipated to drive the adoption of power pedestals. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), electricity consumption in the U.S. stood at about 3.95 trillion kWh in 2018.
- Power and energy utilities across the globe are focused on providing temporary power distribution. This has resulted in the increasing organization of substation automation, hence driving the market growth.
- Availability of substitutes for power pedestals and increase in demand for electrical distribution systems are prominent challenges for the market. Furthermore, lack of skilled labor is negatively impacting the market.
Stainless Steel (SS) Power Pedestal Segment and Marina Power Application Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- The power pedestals market can be segmented based on product, application, and region
- Based on product, the global power pedestals market can be divided into stainless steel (SS) power pedestal, polycarbonate power pedestal, lightweight composites, aluminum power pedestal, and others. Stainless steel (SS) power pedestal segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Stainless steel power pedestals meet and exceed all applicable codes and withstand harsh inland and coastal environments. For long lasting durability and low maintenance, stainless steel pedestals are the highly resilient power centers.
- The lightweight composites segment is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. Lightweight composites may not have sufficient mechanical strength to withstand harsh conditions.
- Based on application, the power pedestals market can be segregated into marina power, construction site, recreational vehicle (RV) parks, and others
- Marina power segment dominated the global power pedestal market in 2018
- When power pedestal are used at a construction site, they are installed on a temporary basis until permanent electrical power is available at the building
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Power Pedestals Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Significant Share of Global Power Pedestals Market:
- In terms of region, the global power pedestals market can be segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America dominated the global power pedestals market in 2018 owing to the presence of numerous camping sites, modern marinas, and river ports. Political stability, socio-economic reforms, and increase in demand for energy are expected to drive the development of power pedestals, thereby creating demand for the necessary machine parts, equipment, and components in the region
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Power consumption in Asia Pacific has increased considerably over the last few years. Strong growth of economy and rise in population have led to an increase in the consumption of power.
- Rise in infrastructure development activities is also boosting the demand for electricity. China consumed 5,367 TWh of electricity in 2016. Its consumption rose to 5,683 TWh in 2017.
- China, India, and Japan are the major countries of the power pedestals market in Asia Pacific
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
- In April 2015, Technology Research, a Southwire company, acquired Ensign Power Pedestals, a maker of RV and marine power pedestal products. The acquisition adds Ensign’s line of power pedestals to the Technology Research line of products that include the Surge Guard and Shoreline Reels.
- In March 2018, AC Dandy Products Ltd introduced its new FLEX POST Power Pedestals. FLEX POST power pedestalsbend without breaking, and do not rip up their concrete base, eliminating public danger from broken wires by protecting the wiring housed inside
Key Players in Power Pedestals Market:
The global power pedestals market is highly concentrated, with the top companies accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share. Key players operating in the power pedestal market include
- Marina Electrical Equipment, Inc.,
- HydroHoist Marine Group
- Ace Manufacturing Metals Ltd
- Power Master, Vickery Electric Ltd
- Power Marine Centre Inc.
- General Electric, Attwood Corporation
- Marina Power Company
- Legrand North America, LLC
- Dock Boxes Unlimited
- Gescan a Division of Sonepar Canada Inc
- MonoSystems, Inc., among others.
- ENSIGN Power Pedestals
Global Power Pedestals Market: Research Scope
Global Power Pedestals Market, by Product
- Stainless Steel (SS) Power Pedestal
- Polycarbonate Power Pedestal
- Lightweight Composites
- Aluminum Power Pedestal
Global Power Pedestals Market, by Application
- Marina Power
- Construction Site
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) Parks
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.