Powder Coating Systems Market – Introduction
- Powder coating is a process in which free-flowing or dry powder material is applied to a surface, melted, and hardened into an even coating. The process is suitable for various materials such as glass, plastics, metals, and medium density fiberboard, and can provide both decorative and functional surface coatings. Demand for powder coating systems is growing due to the increasing demand from applications such as architecture, furniture, appliances, and from the automotive sector.
Key Drivers of the Powder Coating Systems Market
- Powder coating provides a more durable high quality finish to products than liquid paints can offer. Also, they reduce the risk of chipping, scratches, abrasions, fading, corrosion, and other wear issues. Further, the increasing demand for powder coating systems from the furniture sector due to its advantages such as durability, design freedom, and low cost, is helping the growth of the powder coating market worldwide.
- Powder coating systems are extensively used in the automotive industry as both a basecoat and a finish for a variety of automotive components. The rise in production of automobiles is thus enhancing the growth of the powder coating systems market.
Factors Restraining the Powder Coating Systems Market
- Although the powder coating process has many advantages, it also has some limitations such as difficulty in producing even and thin coatings, a restricted range of suitable substrate materials, longer lead times for color changing coatings, and longer dry times for large parts. Powder coating systems are used in many industries such as architectural, furniture, automotive, and more. But the operations of these industries were halted because of government imposed lockdowns and other restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic. This factor affected the growth of the powder coating systems market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of the Global Powder Coating Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global powder coating systems market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the powder coating systems market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The powder coating systems market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global powder coating systems market in 2020, due to the growth in construction industry in the region. Increasing disposable income and standard of living of people has been driving the powder coating systems market in Asia Pacific, particularly in India, China, and Japan.
- The powder coating systems market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by North America, and Europe during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Powder Coating Systems Market
The global powder coating systems market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global powder coating systems market are:
- PPG Industries
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Bayer AG
- BASF SE
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Asian Paints
Global Powder Coating Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Powder Coating Systems Market, by Resin Type
Global Powder Coating Systems Market, by Application
Global Powder Coating Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!