Poultry Processing Equipment Market: Introduction
- Demand for poultry processing equipment is expected to increase in the coming years due to several health benefits associated with poultry meat products. Poultry meat products have various nutrients such as proteins, minerals, vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids. Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) and Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) in poultry meat products help in weight management, and cognitive function, and in preventing Alzheimer's disease.
- In addition, other nutrients present in poultry meat products help in brain development and in reproduction.
Poultry Processing Equipment Market Dynamics
- Increasing awareness about the nutritional value of poultry products is considered to be one of the major factors affecting the growth of the poultry processing equipment market.
- Manufacturers of poultry product equipment are focusing on designing innovative processing equipment that work efficiently to increase shelf-life of poultry meat products, avoid disease contamination, and help to retain maximum nutrients of the product with nil or negotiable loss of product quality. This is expected to intensify competition in the poultry products equipment market.
- Moreover, technological advancements in food processing equipment is another key factor driving the growth of the poultry processing equipment market.
- Additionally, growing demand for convenient and packaged food products due to hectic schedules and increasing number of working women has augmented the demand for processed food products. Processed meat and poultry products are gaining popularity across different regions as compared to home-cooked food. Thus, growing demand for convenient meat and poultry products is expected to propel the demand for poultry processing equipment, thereby driving the growth of the market.
- However, high capital investment associated with the initial purchase of poultry processing equipment is expected to be a major factor limiting the growth of the market in the upcoming years.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Poultry Processing Equipment Market: Segmentation Analysis
- On the basis of equipment type, the global poultry processing equipment market can be divided into killing and defeathering equipment, evisceration (removal of innards) equipment, cut-up machines, deboning and skinning equipment, marinating and tumbling equipment, and others.
- The killing and defeathering equipment segment accounted for major market share in 2018, followed by cut-up machines. The segment is projected to maintain its dominance in the global poultry processing equipment market throughout the forecast period.
- Growing adoption of automation in the poultry processing industry has augmented the adoption of killing and defeathering equipment, resulting in growth in demand for poultry processing equipment.
- On the basis of poultry type, the poultry processing equipment market is segmented into chicken, duck, turkey, and others. Chicken meat segment is likely to account for leading share of the market from 2019 to 2027 as consumption of chicken is growing at a fast rate compared to other meat. This segment is also expected to expand at a significant rate in the upcoming years.
- Based on meat product type, the market can be classified into fresh processed, pre-cooked, raw-cooked, raw-fermented sausages, dried, and cured among others. Fresh processed meat category occupied the highest market share in 2018.
North America to Lead the Global Market for Poultry Processing Equipment
- In terms of region, the global poultry processing equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for major share of the poultry processing equipment market in 2018.
- The poultry processing equipment market in North America is majorly impacted by the increasing government support for the expansion of the poultry processing industry across the region. In addition, strict government regulations to ensure food quality and shift of consumer preference toward value-added food enriched with high-protein and zero-fat, has augmented the demand for poultry processing equipment in North America.
- The poultry processing equipment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the near future due to significant increase in consumption of high-protein foods such as meat and poultry products. Asian countries such as China, India, Vietnam, Thailand, and Japan are experiencing strong growth in consumption of meat. This is expected to be a major factor that drives the demand for poultry processing equipment, thereby boosting the poultry processing equipment market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global poultry processing equipment market was highly concentrated in 2018, with presence of numerous large and small scale established market players who have prominent share in the market. These vendors are engaged in offering varied products to end-users and adopt different strategies to survive in this competitive environment. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- BFE Services Pty Ltd
- BAADER Group
- Meyn Food Processing Technology B.V
- Prime Equipment Group, Inc.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global Poultry Processing Equipment Market: Research Scope
Poultry Processing Equipment Market, by Equipment Type
- Killing & Defeathering
- Cut-up Machines
- Deboning and Skinning Equipment
- Marinating and Tumbling Equipment
Poultry Processing Equipment Market, by Poultry Type
- Chicken Meat
- Turkey Meat
- Duck Meat
Poultry Processing Equipment Market, by Meat Product Type
- Fresh Processed
- Raw Cooked
- Raw Fermented Sausages
Global Poultry Processing Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.