Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market Introduction:
- Potential Hydrogen (pH) adjuster is a chemical used to alter the pH or potential hydrogen level. It is the measurement of the activity of the hydrogen ion or how basic or acidic something is pH reagent such as an acid can be used to drive pH downward. Caustic or other alkaline substances are used to drive the pH upward.
- Common acids or bases used as pH adjusters are sodium hydroxide (50%) and sulfuric acid (98%). Sodium carbonate (soda ash), ammonium hydroxide, calcium hydroxide (lime) or magnesium hydroxide can also be used to raise the pH of an acidic liquid. Phosphoric acid, hydrochloric acid (HCI), nitric acid, or carbon dioxide can be used, in addition to sulfuric, to lower the pH of a base liquid. These are all effective chemicals for pH adjustment.
- In terms of application, the global market can be divided into stabilizers, fungicides, pesticides, herbicides, neutralizing agents, and others. The stabilizers segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to rise in usage of pH adjusters as stabilizers in various chemical processes. The neutralizing agents segment is also estimated to expand at significant pace during the forecast period. Neutralization systems are used in a wide range of industries, from semiconductors and metal finishing to pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Key Drivers of Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market
- Rapid expansion of the personal care & cosmetics industry is expected to boost the consumption of potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters during the forecast period. Rise in consumer focus toward grooming and personal appearance is also boosting the consumption of cosmetic products at the global level. Rapid urbanization, increase in per capita disposable income of consumers, and expansion of the personal care & cosmetics industry are driving the market. Potential Hydrogen (pH) adjusters adjust the pH of a finished cosmetics and personal care products. Citric acid and lactic acid are the most suitable acids to reduce the pH of cosmetic products. Thus, increase in usage of Potential Hydrogen (pH) adjusters in the personal care & cosmetics industry for maintaining safe pH level is projected to propel the market during the forecast period.
- Growth in usage of Potential Hydrogen (pH) adjusters in wastewater treatment plants is expected to augment the global Potential Hydrogen (pH) adjusters market during the forecast period. Chemicals used in wastewater treatment to adjust pH serve to modify the ionic charge of the wastewater.
Key Restraints of Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters. Companies find it difficult to meet these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters market, thereby adversely affecting the market.
- Lack of awareness and less adoption of potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters in many developed and underdeveloped countries is projected to restrain the market growth during forecast period
COVID-19 impact on Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic is hampering the demand for potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters in many applications. Various countries across the globe have enforced lockdown as a measure to curb the spread of the disease. This has resulted in slowdown and halt of manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown. In turn, this has adversely affected the demand for potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters.
- Key players operating in the potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain in the market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market
- In terms of region, the global potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East Asia& Africa and Latin America.
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is projected to hold significant share of the global potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters market during the forecast period. End-user industries such as chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetics & personal care, and wastewater treatment are rapidly expanding in the region. Rise in disposable income and improvement in standard of living in many countries in Asia Pacific are boosting the demand for cosmetics and personal care products. This, in turn, is augmenting the demand for potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters in Asia Pacific.
- Rapid expansion of the cosmetic & personal care industry in China, India, Vietnam, Singapore, and South Korea is expected to boost the consumption of potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters, thereby propelling the market in these countries
- The market in North America is also expected to expand at significant pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in usage of potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters in water treatment plants and presence of major market players in the U.S. and Canada
Prominent Players in Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market
Major players operating in the global potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- BASF SE
- Syngenta Crop Protection AG
- ADAMA India Private Limited
- Monsanto Company
- AMVAC Chemical Corporation
- Novozymes A/S
- Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.
- AQUA CHEM INDUSTRY CO.,LIMITED
- ALAR Engineering Corp
Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market: Research Scope
Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market, by Type
- Soil Treatment
Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market, by Application
- Neutralizing Agents
Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market, End-use
- Textile & Leather
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.