Potassium Acetate Market
Ammonia, alcohol, and liquid are all soluble in potassium acetate. In industries, potassium acetate is made by treating potassium carbonate together with bicarbonate in glacial acetic acid. Then the chemical is heated to 100°C. Potassium acetate comes with a wide range of applications, including in industries including processing aids, anti-adhesive compounds, working fluids, agricultural chemicals, and intermediates, to name a few. Agriculture products, antifreeze as well as deicing goods, and building / construction materials all make use of the compound. Such extensive use of the chemical is expected to drive development of the global potassium acetate market in the years to come.
The fact that potassium acetate is utilized as a replacement for potassium chloride is likely to emerge as a major factor boosting the demand for potassium acetate across its end use sectors. This is owing to the stringent environmental regulations that govern the use of potassium chloride. Because potassium chloride has the identical functional characteristics as potassium acetate, it can be utilized as a substitute. Because potassium acetate has a higher solubility than potassium chloride, it has a greater potential for use in high-density brines, which is estimated to bolster growth of the global potassium acetate market in the near future.
Potassium acetate (chemical name KCH3COO) is the potassium salt of acetic acid. It is prepared by treating potassium containing bases such as potassium hydroxide or carbonate with acetic acid, followed by heating of the compound at 50oC to 100oC. The physical form of potassium acetate is crystalline white powder. It is primarily used as deicing compound instead of calcium chloride and magnesium chloride. Potassium acetate is easily soluble in water and ethanol.
The usage of potassium acetate usage as food additive has been approved by the Food & Drug Administration of the U.S. However, incorrect use of potassium acetate in food products is poisonous and can lead to even death. Potassium acetate acts as an antioxidant and is used as a preservative in the food industry. It is employed in the treatment of diabetics and production of penicillin as antibiotic, oral cleanser, and enzymes in the pharmaceutical sector. Potassium acetate has up to five times the foliar availability that of potassium nitrate; hence, potassium acetate is widely used as agricultural nutrient to help farmers yield better results.
Potassium acetate is also available in the solution form. Potassium acetate solutions are highly concentrated and used in applications requiring solubilized minerals. These are excellent precursors to produce ultra-high purity materials, nanoscale powders, and specific catalysts.
The global market for potassium acetate can be segmented into grade and application. Based on grade, the global potassium acetate market can be segregated into food grade, pharmaceutical grade, and technical grade. Based on application, the market can be categorized into chemicals, pharmaceutical, food, and agriculture applications.
The key factors that are driving the potassium acetate market are the increasing usage of potassium acetate as substitute compound for potassium chloride, since it is having the same functional properties such as high solubility and ability to form high density brines that of potassium chloride. This is primarily due to the strict environmental restriction for implementation of potassium chloride. However, when the potassium acetate compound is used in incorrect composition, it can lead to side effects such as tingling and burning sensation in the feet, hands and can also lead to near death symptoms. These are major factors hampering the market growth.
In terms of region, the global potassium acetate market can be segregated into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Countries accounting for major consumption of potassium acetate are the U.S., Japan, Germany, and China. This major consumption in these countries is ascribed to the fact that the increasing trend of packed food products in turn leading to demand for food additives such as potassium acetate and the increasing adoption of potassium acetate for a wide range of applications such as diabetic treatment in pharmaceutical industry and as the deicing agent in several industries
Key players operating in the potassium acetate market include Niacet, CLARIANT, BASF, Diato Chemical, Evonik, Lianyungang Tongyuan Chemical, Shanxi Zhaoyi Chemical, and Jiangsu Kolod Food.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.