Portable Solar Power Generator Market: Overview
- Generators convert mechanical energy into electrical energy. There are two types of generators: mobile or portable generators; and stationary generators.
- Portable solar power generator is considered a suitable off-grid alternative power source for light use. These generators are powered by the sun and provide power.
- Several solar power generators are actually all-in-one portable power stations with rechargeable batteries that charge with solar energy, a wall outlet AC supply, or through a CIG port
- Portable solar power generators are gaining popularity across the globe, as they reduce the usage of non-renewable resources such as fossil fuels. They are also cheaper to maintain as compared to conventional sources of power generation.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Portable Solar Power Generator market
- Natural calamities and bad weather are the major reasons for power outages. Generally, power failures are caused by natural weather phenomena, such as lightning, rain, snow, ice, wind, floods, and severe storms. Such natural disasters disrupt continuous power supply, which causes major faults or breakdowns in the power grid. Therefore, residential consumers rely on generators as their auxiliary power source. Continuous power requirement and unreliable power supply situation have boosted the demand for portable solar power generators.
- Portable solar power generators are lightweight. They do not produce fumes or require fossil fuels, and are soundless. These factors are projected to drive the portable solar power generator market.
- Awareness regarding the use of solar energy and favorable initiatives toward promotion of renewable energy are major factors driving the global portable solar power generator market.
- High cost of products and availability of other alternatives that are cost-effective, such as battery power packs or inverter technology, are expected to hamper the market in the near future
Global Portable Solar Power Generator Market: Segmentation
- The global portable solar power generator market can be segmented based on battery type, power rating, and region
- In terms of battery type, the portable solar power generator market can be divided into lead-acid and lithium-ion. The lithium-ion segment accounted for significant share of the global portable solar power generator market in 2020. Most solar generators use lithium-ion batteries to store electricity. They are expensive than lead-acid batteries; however, they offer various benefits. This makes them highly suitable for usage in portable solar generators. In terms of weight, lithium-ion batteries are typically 50% to 33% of similar-sized lead-acid batteries. Lithium-ion batteries are also able to charge faster than lead-acid batteries.
- Based on power rating, the global portable solar power generator market can be classified into up to 500 W and more than 500 kW. The up to 500 W segment dominated the portable solar power generator market in 2020. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
Global Portable Solar Power Generator Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global portable solar power generator market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global portable solar power generator market in 2020. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period, owing to rise in government support for solar installation as well as reducing prices of solar panels in the regions.
- The portable solar power generator market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Rapid urbanization in several countries of the region, such as China, India, Indonesia, and Thailand, and rise in per capita consumption of energy in several ASEAN economies are anticipated to drive the market in the region.
- The sales of generators in Australia, Sri Lanka, India, and New Zealand are expected to fuel the market during the forecast period owing to regular power failures in these countries. For instance, the number of blackouts across New Zealand increased in 2020.
- In terms of revenue, Europe is expected to contribute significantly to the global portable solar power generator market during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact on Global Portable Solar Power Generator Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected the global portable solar power generator market. It is impeding the global economic growth. The power sector has also been adversely impacted with significant reduction in demand for energy around the world during lockdowns. However, demand recovery for energy across globe after lockdowns is likely to lead to quick recovery of the portable solar power generator market in the near future.
Key Players in Market
The global portable solar power generator market is highly concentrated with major manufacturers accounting for approximately 40%–45% market share. Some of the key players operating in the global portable solar power generator market are::
- Goal Zero
- Sunvis Solar
- Jackery Inc.
Global Portable Solar Power Generator Market: Research Scope
Global Portable Solar Power Generator Market, by Battery Type
Global Portable Solar Power Generator Market, by Power Rating
- Up to 500 W
- More than 500 W
Global Portable Solar Power Generator Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.