Pontoon Boats: Introduction
- Pontoon is a type of floating structure which adds buoyancy in water. Pontoon boats are a type of recreational boat which uses “pontoon” to float. Pontoon boats come in different styles such as bar boat, rear lounge, and quad seating, to suit everyone’s needs. The popularity and adoption of pontoon boats is increasing due to advancement in design & application by manufacturers & dealers. The rise in boat parties, sunbathing, fishing, and recreational activities are the factors expected to drive the pontoon boats market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Pontoon Boats Market
- Pontoon boats finds application in cruising, swimming, and entertainment. The pontoon boats market will benefit from the increased inclination of consumers toward recreational boating and tourism. Post Covid-19 restrictions, people around the world have resumed their travel plans which were halted due to the pandemic. Various travel companies are offering overnight water packages, and day packages which are attracting consumers to opt for new experiences, which is expected to fuel the pontoon boats market.
- Manufacturers of pontoon boats are investing in R&D for product development. Manufacturers are incorporating IoT based systems and providing additional features to provide comfort to consumers. They are also working on the performance of boats and incorporating refined engines to enhance the performance of the boats and reduce emissions. The efforts of manufacturers are expected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
- Pontoon boats manufacturers have an opportunity to cater to developing markets and provide bespoke services. The increasing middle class population has resulted in rising spending capacity which will provide ample opportunity to boat manufacturers. The restraint to the market is likely to be the inefficiency of the boat in rough waters and supply chain disruptions caused by trade barriers.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Pontoon Boats Market
- In terms of region, the pontoon boats market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to hold maximum share in the global pontoon boats market. The U.S. experienced high demand for different types of boats during the pandemic. Spending on recreational activities is high in the region, which is expected to generate demand for pontoon boats during the forecast period. U.S. sales of boats, marine products, and services was valued at US$ 42 Bn in 2019. The North America market is likely to be followed by markets in Europe and Asia Pacific. Emerging economies in Asia Pacific will lead the growth rate in the global pontoon boats market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Pontoon Boats Market
- Aloha Pontoon Boats
- Apache Seamaster
- Aqua Chalet
- Aqua Patio – Freeland Co.
- Avalon Pontoon Boats
- Bennington Pontoon Boats
- Godfrey Pontoon Boats
- Sun Tracker Pontoon Boats
- Sunchaser Boats
Global Pontoon Boats Market: Research Scope
Global Pontoon Boats Market, by Type
- Single Engine
- Dual Engine
Global Pontoon Boats Market, by Category
- Single Decker
- Double Decker
Global Pontoon Boats Market, by Size
Global Pontoon Boats Market, by Design
Global Pontoon Boats Market, by Application
- Others (Camping overnight, etc.)
Global Pontoon Boats Market, by Price
Global Pontoon Boats Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America