Polypropylene Oxide: Introduction
- Polypropylene oxide is the polymer of propylene oxide. Chemically, polypropylene oxide is a polyether. The polymer is at liquid state at room temperature. Its solubility in water decreases rapidly with increasing molar mass.
Key Drivers of Global Polypropylene Oxide Market
- The global polypropylene oxide market is expected to expand significantly due to increase in demand for polypropylene oxide in various applications such as surfactants, dispersants, and wetting agents
- Global demand for polypropylene oxide is anticipated to rise at a steady pace during the forecast period due to rise in usage of polypropylene oxide in the production of polyester resins
- Growth in demand for personal care products and expansion of the cosmetics industry are estimated to act as major factors driving the global polypropylene oxide market during the forecast period
- Increase in usage of polypropylene oxide to produce polyurethanes is projected to boost the polypropylene oxide market in the near future, owing to rise in demand for polyurethane in various applications including packaging, automotive, footwear, furniture, and construction
Personal Care & Cosmetics Application Segment Expected to Expand at Significant Pace
- Based on application, the personal care & cosmetics segment is projected to expand at a rapid pace owing to high demand for polypropylene oxide in the production of various cosmetics and skin care and hair care products
- High consumption of polypropylene oxide in defoamers, surfactants, and wetting agents, which are used in detergents, is likely to further propel the market in the near future
Covid-19 Impact on Polypropylene Oxide Market
- The global COVID-19 pandemic has led to a sudden pause in manufacturing activities across the globe. This has adversely affected the demand for various products such as adhesives, paints, and cosmetics.
- Contrary to the trend prevalent in the industry in general, certain segments of the market such as detergents are witnessing a surge in demand in the health care sector. Ease of restrictions imposed during the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent revival of economic activities in the consumer goods market space indicate the recovery of demand for polypropylene oxide.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Polypropylene Oxide Market
- In terms of region, the global polypropylene oxide market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is one of the major consumers of polypropylene oxide across the globe. Demand for polypropylene oxide is estimated to rise significantly during the forecast period owing to the growth of the industrial sector and the cosmetics industry in the region.
- Increase in demand for adhesives and paints in various end-use industries such as automotive, construction, and packaging is also expected to propel the demand for polypropylene oxide during the forecast period
- North America and Europe followed Asia Pacific in terms of demand for polypropylene oxide in 2019. Europe and North America possess stronger environmental incentives to use various alcohol-free products to manufacture personal care products. The use of polypropylene oxide in chemicals and cosmetics is expected to boost the polypropylene oxide market during the forecast period.
- Demand for polypropylene oxide is likely to increase in the next few years due to substantial growth in the cosmetic industry and increase in demand for surfactants, wetting agents, and dispersants in various applications in countries such as Germany, France, Italy, South Korea, Japan, India, and China.
Key Players Operating in the Market
High initial capital investments are estimated to hamper the entry of new players in the polypropylene oxide market. The polypropylene oxide market is driven by mergers and acquisitions by key players.
Prominent players operating in the global polypropylene oxide market include:
- Mistui Chemical
- BASF SE
- Dow Chemicals
- AGC Inc.
- Shell Global
Global Polypropylene Oxide Market: Research Scope
Global Polypropylene Oxide Market, by Application
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
Global Polypropylene Oxide Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.