Polypropylene Impact Copolymer: Introduction
- Polypropylene impact copolymers are thermoplastic resins produced through the polymerization of propylene and ethylene in the presence of Ziegler Natta catalysts. Their synthesis consists of a heterophasic amorphous structure inside a semi-crystalline polypropylene homopolymer matrix. Impact copolymers can be transformed by various processing technologies such as sheet extrusion, blow molding, film, injection molding fiber, and thermoforming.
- Polypropylene is a cost-effective material that offers a combination of outstanding physical, mechanical, thermal, and electrical properties, as compared to that offered by any other thermoplastic. Polypropylene impact copolymers are available in a wide range of melt flow rates. Polypropylene impact copolymers exhibit good processability, impact strength, and stiffness properties. They are also suitable for various injection molding applications such as batteries, appliances, and industrial applications.
- Polypropylene impact copolymer is marginally soft; however, it possesses better impact strength, toughness, and more durable than homopolymer polypropylene. Copolymer polypropylene possesses better stress crack resistance and low temperature toughness, as compared to that offered by homopolymer at the expense of quite small reductions in other properties.
- Polypropylene impact copolymer is utilized in applications where Polypropylene homopolymer is too brittle or needs better impact performance. Polypropylene impact copolymers can be formulated to have notched Izod impact strength between 1.5 and 10 ft-lbs/in providing for a good balance between strength, stiffness, and impact performance.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Polypropylene Impact Copolymer Market
- The global polypropylene impact copolymer market is estimated to be fuelled by several favorable characteristics such as excellent dimensional stability, fast cooling times, food approval, good flowability, good process ability, high impact resistance, impact/stiffness balance. Polypropylene impact copolymer does not produce non-hazardous and non-toxic effects on inhalation and ingestion. Moreover, it exhibits low toxicity for aquatic organisms. The global polypropylene impact copolymer market is anticipated to expand substantially during the forecast period due to increased demand for high performance, cost-effective, and lightweight packaging solutions.
Polypropylene Impact Copolymer: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use, the global polypropylene impact copolymer market can be segmented into packaging, automotive, building & construction, electrical and electronics, medical, and others
- The packaging segment is estimated to lead the polypropylene impact copolymer market, and the trend is estimated to remain the same during the forecast period, as it is extensively utilized for packaging. Polypropylene impact copolymer is majorly used in food packaging applications where there is direct contact with food or beverages.
Covid-19 Impact on Polypropylene Impact Copolymer Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a swift and severe negative impact on the globally integrated industry, including the industrial and manufacturing sectors, by hampering the supply chain significantly. Manufacturing industries came to a complete halt due to lockdown measures adopted by various countries to stop the spread of the deadly disease. This hindered production activities significantly. Lockdowns due to COVID-19 are also expected to hamper manufacturing, distribution, and supply of polypropylene impact copolymer considerably.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
Asia Pacific to Dominate Polypropylene Impact Copolymer Market
- In terms of region, the global polypropylene impact copolymer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for a significant share of the global polypropylene impact copolymer market. Increased demand for polypropylene from packaging, automotive, building & construction, electrical & electronics, and medical industries in China and India is driving the market in Asia Pacific.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Polypropylene Impact Copolymer Market
The global polypropylene impact copolymer market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global polypropylene impact copolymer market include:
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- China Petrochemical Corporation
- LG Chem
- Eastman Chemical Company
- BASF SE
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Westlake Chemical Corporation
- Haldia Petrochemicals Limited
- Lotte Chemical UK LTD.
Global Polypropylene Impact Copolymer Market: Research Scope
Global Polypropylene Impact Copolymer Market, by End-use
- Building & Construction
- Electrical and Electronics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.