Polypropylene Filler Sheet Market: Introduction
- Polypropylene filler sheets are also known as mineral-filled polypropylene sheets. These are used for the injection-molding process. Calcium carbonate is one of the most popular filler materials used in the production of polypropylene sheets.
- Integrating calcium carbonate in polypropylene sheets leads to significant savings in raw material costs by replacing up to 40% of plastic with calcium carbonate, which is inexpensive
- Calcium-carbonate-filled polypropylene sheets are widely used in the packaging industry, due to improved performance, processing, and sustainability that they offer
- Polypropylene sheets filled with calcium carbonate offer high impact strength and stiffness and improved heat deflection temperature
- Other fillers compatible with polypropylene sheets are talc, glass beads, glass fiber, kaolinite clay, etc.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Polypropylene Filler Sheet Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Polypropylene Filler Sheet Market
- Calcium carbonate is a soft, colorless, and inexpensive filler material, which is widely available in a white powder form. When incorporated in polypropylene sheets, calcium carbonate improves impact resistance and stiffness and retains strength. It lowers the overall material cost and imparts high aspect ratio.
- Rising demand for polypropylene sheets filled with calcium carbonate in food packaging and medical packaging applications is driving the global polypropylene filler sheet market. Calcium-carbonate-filled polypropylene sheets are gaining momentum in thermoforming applications, as calcium carbonate allows plastic to heat up and cool down quickly.
- Incorporation of filler materials in polypropylene sheets improves thermal conductivity, which allows significant energy savings by providing high productivity and conversion at a rapid rate. In addition, filler materials reduce shrinkage, thereby offering less warping and higher predictability in the finished part. All these factors are expected to boost the global polypropylene filler sheet market during the forecast period.
Rising Demand for Polypropylene Filler Sheets Filled with Talc, Kaolinite, and Glass Beads in Automotive Applications
- Rise in research activities for use of filler materials, such as talc, kaolinite, glass beads, and wollastonite, in automotive applications is likely to offer lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the global polypropylene filler sheet market during the forecast period
- Use of talc in polypropylene filler sheets is gaining traction in automotive applications. Talc is used as a nucleating agent, which helps polypropylene sheets to crystallize rapidly and accelerates the production of parts.
- Kaolinite and wollastonite are widely available, inert, and inexpensive filler materials that offer scratch resistance, typically in polypropylene sheets used for automotive applications. Polypropylene sheets filled with glass beads offer good flow and surface finish.
High Thermal Expansion and Poor Resistance to Chlorinated Solvents and Aromatics Likely to Restrain Market
- Polypropylene filler sheets have a high coefficient of thermal expansion, which limits its use in high-temperature applications. In addition, these sheets have poor resistance to chlorinated solvents and aromatics.
- Polypropylene filler sheets have high flammability and they are susceptible to oxidation. Thus, in order to control flammable properties of polypropylene filler sheets, it requires expensive flame retardant filler materials. This factor is likely to restrain the global polypropylene filler sheet market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Leading Share of Global Polypropylene Filler Sheet Market
In terms of region, the global polypropylene filler sheet market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of polypropylene filler sheets and is expected to hold a major share of the global polypropylene filler sheet market from 2019 to 2027. China, India, Japan, and South Korea are leading consumers of polypropylene filler sheets in Asia Pacific, due to rising automotive production and growing plastic consumption in automotive applications in these countries.
- In North America, the U.S. is a leading consumer of polypropylene filler sheets. Rising demand for polypropylene filler sheets for use in medical packaging and food packaging applications is likely to boost the market in the region during the forecast period.
- In terms of consumption, Europe is also one of the significant region of the global polypropylene filler sheets market. Germany, France, the U.K., and countries in Eastern Europe are likely to lead the market in the region during the forecast period, due to growing usage of plastics for increasing fuel efficiency in the automotive sector in these countries.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are dependent on imports of raw materials such as resins and filler materials. Fluctuations in raw material prices and high product costs are likely to hamper the market in these regions in the near future. However, rising awareness regarding use of polypropylene filler sheets in medical and automotive applications is likely to boost the market in both regions during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Polypropylene Filler Sheet Market here
Key Players Operating in Global Polypropylene Filler Sheet Market:
Research and development and capacity expansion are key strategies adopted by top players operating in the global polypropylene filler sheet market.
Key players operating in the global polypropylene filler sheet market are:
- Plasmix Private Ltd
- Omya AG
- Impact Plastics
- The Plastics Group of America
- Konneco International LLC
- Formulated Polymers Limited
- HQC, Inc.
Global Polypropylene Filler Sheet Market: Research Scope
Global Polypropylene Filler Sheet Market, by Filler Type
- Mineral Fillers
- Calcium Carbonate
- Talc (Magnesium Silicate)
- Kaolinite (aluminosilicates)
- Glass Beads
- Inorganic Fillers
- Aluminum Trihydrate (ATH) – Al(OH)3
- Magnesium Hydroxide (MDH) – Mg(OH)2
- Specialty Fillers
- Barium Sulfate
- Magnetite – Fe3O4
Global Polypropylene Filler Sheet Market, by Grade
Global Polypropylene Filler Sheet Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Polypropylene Filler Sheet Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.