COVID-19 impact on Polyphenylene Ether (PPE) Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for polyphenylene ether (PPE) in many applications. Governments of many countries across the globe have enforced lockdown as a measure to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This has resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure breakdown, thus adversely affecting the demand for polyphenylene ether (PPE).
- Key players operating in the polyphenylene ether (PPE) market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for polyphenylene ether. The industrial shutdown caused by the COVID 19 pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Key Drivers of Polyphenylene Ether (PPE) Market
- Rise in demand for polyphenylene ether in the automobile industry is a significant factor projected to fuel the global polyphenylene ether (PPE) market during the forecast period is. Applications of PPE include computer screens, pump impellers, small appliance housings, instrument housing, and some automotive parts
- Increase in usage of polyphenylene ether (PPE) in rubber applications is expected to boost the market. End-uses include automotive electrical applications, water pump impellers, solar heating systems, packaging, and circuit breakers. Rise in usage of PPE over steel in automobiles to reduce weight and enhance fuel efficiency is likely to create lucrative opportunities for the market.
Restraints of Polyphenylene Ether (PPE) Market
- Key restraining factor of the polyphenylene ether (PPE) market is the fluctuating price of raw materials. Availability of substitutes is also expected to challenge the market in the near future. The market is also negatively affected by high cost of polyphenylene ether (PPE) over its conventional counterparts.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Polyphenylene Ether (PPE) Market
- In terms of region, the global polyphenylene ether (PPE) market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2020. It is the major region of the global polyphenylene ether (PPE) market due to substantial investments in improvements in energy efficiency, eco-friendliness, and automation in the automotive industry in China, Japan, and India. Asia Pacific is expected to account for a leading share of the polyphenylene ether (PPE) market due to growth in urbanization and rise in spending power in the region.
- Europe is also one of the key consumers of automotive parts. The market in Europe is likely to expand at a moderate pace, as polyphenylene ether (PPE) is significantly used in several applications in the region. Increase in number of manufacturers and rise in sales of automotive parts are also likely to boost the market in the region.
Competitive Landscape of Global Polyphenylene Ether (PPE) Market
Major players operating in the global polyphenylene ether (PPE) market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- SABIC (GE)
- Kingfa Science and Technology
- Asahi Kasei Chemicals
- Mitsubishi Chemicals
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
- Sumitomo Chemical Company
- RTP Company
- Formulated Polymers Limited (FPL)
- Guangzhou OTEM Engineering Plastic
- Ashley Polymers
- Tokai Rika Create Corporation
- Ensinger GmbH
- Nantong Xingchen Synthetic Material
Global Polyphenylene Ether (PPE) Market: Research Scope
Global Polyphenylene Ether (PPE) Market, by Type
Global Polyphenylene Ether (PPE) Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
- Health Care
Global Polyphenylene Ether (PPE) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Polyphenylene Ether (PPE) Market Introduction
- Polyphenylene ether is a type of substance that is made up of phenolic monomers linked together by an ether bond. It can be used to make a wide range of homopolymers and copolymers. These materials have unique qualities such as excellent thermal stability at high temperatures, low water absorption, and effective mechanical and dielectric properties over a wide frequency range.
- Polyphenylene ether (PPE), often known as PPO, is a heat-resistant polymer with good dimensional stability and mechanical qualities. PPE is flame retardant and has low moisture absorption and strong hydrolysis resistance. Polymers with a phenoxy or thiophenoxy group as the repeating group in ether links are known as phenyl ether polymers.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.