Polyolefin Synthetic Pulp Market: Introduction
- Polyolefin synthetic pulp comprises a polyolefin resin, which is graft-modified with an unsaturated carboxylic acid or its derivative
- Polyolefin synthetic pulp serves as a fibrillated fiber in papermaking and wet processes and as a heat-sealable paper in packaging. Polyolefin synthetic pulp is also employed in processes such as filtration and asbestos replacement and products such as fiber cement, coatings, and paints.
- High-performance fibers based on polyolefin synthetic pulp can be integrated with paper and nonwoven fabrics or they can be compounded with cement and coating materials
- Polyolefin synthetic pulp has unique characteristics such as good hydrophilicity, superior smoothness, high heat sealability, and excellent moisture resistance
- Dried and fluffed polyolefin synthetic pulp disperses readily in water or organic solvents, thereby boosting particle retention, viscosity controllability, and other valuable properties essential in a wide range of applications such as coatings, paints, and adhesives
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Polyolefin Synthetic Pulp Market
- Polyolefin synthetic pulp offers significant adhesion, due to which it is preferred for use in food packaging applications, for instance, tea bags. The food industry is expected to witness significant demand for polyolefin synthetic pulp during the forecast period. Polyolefin synthetic pulp is widely used in heat-sealing papers such as tea bags, sterilizing papers, and desiccant bags.
- Polyolefin synthetic pulp features thermal adhesion, shape retention, moldability, and resistance to acids and alkalis. The global electrical & electronics industry is likely to witness significant demand for polyolefin synthetic pulp in the near future, for its usage in binding inorganic powders contained in battery separators.
- Paper blended with polyolefin synthetic pulp features fine embossibility, which makes it superior to the conventional paper. The global paper manufacturing industry is anticipated to witness considerable demand for polyolefin synthetic pulp market between 2019 and 2027.
Global Polyolefin Synthetic Pulp Market: Type and End-use Industry Segments
- Polyolefin synthetic pulp is either polyethylene based or polypropylene based. Polyethylene-based pulp acts as an exceptional thixotrope and thickener. Polyethylene-based pulp exhibits a high degree of resistance to water, acids, alkalis, detergents, aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, esters, and ketones.
- Based on end-use industry, the global polyolefin synthetic pulp market can be divided into paper, food, medical, electrical & electronics, construction, printing, and others (including agriculture and water treatment)
- Polyolefin pulp products are anticipated to witness substantial demand in the paper processing industry for production of paper boards and corrugated boards. The construction industry also offers robust potential for growth of the global polyolefin synthetic pulp market. Polyolefin synthetic pulp is used as a fibrous filler in concrete and as a replacement for asbestos.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Polyolefin Synthetic Pulp Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
North America to be a Key Market for Polyolefin Synthetic Pulp
- In terms of region, the global polyolefin synthetic pulp market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Supported by the expanding paper and packaging industries, Asia Pacific is expected to offer substantial potential to the polyolefin synthetic pulp market during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global polyolefin synthetic pulp market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Mitsui Chemicals
- MiniFIBERS, Inc.
- R.J. Marshall Company
Global Polyolefin Synthetic Pulp Market: Research Scope
Global Polyolefin Synthetic Pulp Market, by Type
- Polyethylene-based Pulp
- Polypropylene-based Pulp
- Others (Copolymers of Ethylene and Propylene)
Global Polyolefin Synthetic Pulp Market, by End-use Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
- Others (Agriculture, Water Treatment, etc.)
Global Polyolefin Synthetic Pulp Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.