Global Polymers for Detergents Market: Introduction
- Demand for polymers for detergents is increasing significantly in the global detergents industry. Polymers for detergents feature unique soil removal properties. By creating a layer on soil particles and stains, they remove the dirt off the fabric. These special polymers protect fabric fibers with a polymeric film.
- Demand for polymers for detergents is likely to be high due to their functions such as anti-redeposition, dye transfer inhibition, dispersion, and sequestration. Polymers for detergents are durable in harsh surroundings and feature a good resolution of graphics, text, and bar codes. Other key attributes such as scale encrustation inhibition and dye transfer are estimated to augment the usage of polymers for detergents in industrial and institutional cleaning applications.
- Polymers for detergents facilitate lower consumption of water and energy in the washing machines and dishwashers. The laundry cleaning segment is projected to hold major share of the polymers for detergents market. Laundry liquids and detergent pods have been the key potential areas in the laundry cleaning segment with high demand for polymers for detergents.
Key Drivers of Global Polymers for Detergents Market
- Polymers for detergents play a key role in household, institutional, and industrial cleaning products such as laundry detergents, hard-surface cleaners, liquid soaps, and antibacterial and germicidal cleaners
- Polymers are added in detergents because of their wide range of properties that are suitable for many day-to-day applications. Polymers for detergents serve as eco-friendly formulations for a wide range of applications in the detergents industry, and are likely to emerge as reliable alternatives for the traditionally used phosphates.
- Rise in population and rapid urbanization are expected boost the consumption of cleaners and personal care products, thus providing significant potential for polymers for detergents during the forecast period
- The global detergents industry is highly fragmented. It has been developing modern solutions with value-added features. This remains the only way for manufacturers to make a difference and gain competitive edge in the market. Modernization of detergent formulation techniques, driven by technological advancements in the polymer science, is expected to drive the demand for polymers for detergents by 2030.
Covid-19 Impact on Polymers for Detergents Market
- The global spread of COVID-19 has substantially disrupted the global chemical supply chains in the short-term. However, surge in awareness about hygiene during the pandemic era is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to the polymers for detergents market in the near future. Demand for advanced cleaning solutions is projected to positively impact the polymers for detergents market in the near future.
Global Polymers for Detergents Market: Key Product Type Segment
- Based on product type, the global polymers for detergents market can be divided into polycarboxylates, vinyl pyrrolidone, polyvinyl pyrrolidone, and other polymers
- The polycarboxylates segment constituted higher share of the polymers for detergents market in 2019 due to the rise in usage of polycarboxylates as binders in detergents. Polycarboxylates reduce deposits on the fabric and obstruct the growth of calcite. Its unique calcium sequestering characteristics are anticipated to drive the demand for polycarboxylates for detergents in the near future.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Polymers for Detergents Market
- In terms of region, the global polymers for detergents market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- China, India, and Southeast Asian countries represent vast market for washing machines. This is likely to augment the demand for advanced detergent formulations. Furthermore, the expanding base of laundry liquids or liquid laundry detergents in Asia Pacific is expected to provide significant potential for polymers for detergents during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global polymers for detergents market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- BASF SE
- Itaconix Corporation
- Lubrizol Corporation
- Kao Corporation
- Aquapharm Chemical Pvt. Ltd.
- ADEKA Europe GmbH
Global Polymers for Detergents Market: Research Scope
Global Polymers for Detergents Market, by Product Type
- Vinyl Pyrrolidone
- Polyvinyl Pyrrolidone
- Other Polymers
Global Polymers for Detergents Market, by Source
Global Polymers for Detergents Market, by End-use
- Institutional Cleaners
- Laundry Detergents
- Dishwashing Products
- Personal Care Products
- Others (Fuel Additives, Biological Reagents, etc.)
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!