Polymerized Vegetable Oils Market: Outlook
Polymerized vegetable oils are heat-treated vegetable oils like soybean and linseed. After the polymerization process the viscosity of the oil increases making it suitable for diverse applications in the end-use industries. With viscosity, oil absorption also increases making it a greasy product. Polymerized vegetable oils can be used as a vehicle or binder for most varnishes. In the food industry, the polymerized vegetable oil is majorly used as an additive to provide a greasy texture to the food products. For instance, addition of polymerized vegetable oil while baking doughnuts, gives them a greasy texture.
The demand for polymerized vegetable oils is highly concentrated globally, particularly for lubricating & greasing from various end-use industries. Due to the adverse effects of petroleum products on the environment as well as the shortage of petroleum resources, polymerized vegetable oil is the perfect alternative for the petroleum-based products. Besides, in the printing industry polymerized vegetable oil is widely been used as a printing ink vehicle and in ink formulation.
Growing Industrial Application of Polymerized Vegetable Oil is Promoting Market Demand:
The growing need to find a sustainable and environmentally friendly replacement for petroleum-based products is expected to fuel the demand for bio-based polymers from renewable resources. Polymerized vegetable oils are known for their higher viscosity and texture they provide to the product. The polymerized vegetable oils are in demand for wood finishes, lacquers, primers, undercoats and flat paints, printing inks, sealants and mastics, jointing pastes and as core oil.
Global Polymerized Vegetable Oils Market: Segmentation
The global polymerized vegetable oils market can be segmented based on source, function, end-use industry and region.
By source, the global polymerized vegetable oils market is segmented as –
By function, the global polymerized vegetable oils market is segmented as –
- Others (wood-preservative, anti-rusting agent etc.)
By end-use industry, the global polymerized vegetable oils market is segmented as –
- Food & Beverage
- Paint & Coatings
By region, the global polymerized vegetable oils market is segmented as –
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Global Polymerized Vegetable Oils Market: Key Players
Example of some of the key participants operating in the global polymerized vegetable oils market are Cargill, Incorporated, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Alpolac, Inc., Croda International Plc, and Vertellus Holdings LLC, among others.
Robust research & development activities and expansion of the production capabilities are the major focus areas of the manufacturers in order to cater the demand for polymerized vegetable oils from the end-use industries.
Polymerized Vegetable Oils Market: Activities of the Participants
- Croda International plc, a U.K.-based manufacturer and supplier of ester base oils and performance additives for lubricants (such as polymerized vegetable oils), has opened a Center of Innovation for Formulation Science at the University of Liverpool’s new Materials Innovation Factory (MIF). This is likely to enhance their formulation science knowledge and capability across all the market sectors.
- Vertellus Holdings LLC, a manufacturer for polymerized vegetable oils, has been the part of major trade shows globally and is continuously participating in various events in order to enhance networking & reach in order to increase the sale by displaying its product range and technologies. For instance, the company participated in the American Coatings Show, at Indianapolis, Indiana in April, 2018 as well as in Specialty & Agro Chemicals Conference (American Chemical Marketing) held at Texas this year.
Opportunities for the Market Participants
The polymerized vegetable oils market is projected to be positively influenced by the manufacturers who are continuously working on new research projects and launching new products in the polymerized vegetable oils market. The manufacturers of polymerized vegetable oils can reach potential market sectors in order to gain maximum market share and increase their global sales.
Polymerized Vegetable Oils Market: Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done on the modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate the data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the origin, source and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sale of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market size.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our polymerized vegetable oils market report include:
- An overview, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the polymerized vegetable oils market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the polymerized vegetable oils market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this polymerized vegetable oils market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.