Polymer Processing Aid Market: Introduction
- Rise in demand for polymers with enhanced properties is driving the demand for polymer processing aid across the globe. Polymer processing aid is used in the polymer formation process to improve the processing efficiency and quality of polymeric compounds.
- Damages to polyethylene films during the manufacturing process can be reduced by optimum utilization of polymer processing aids. Furthermore, economic benefits can be attained by using polymer processing aids due to reduction in the production costs of polymers owing to the enhanced efficiency and high quality product. Thus, rise in demand for polymer products in various end-use applications such as aviation, automobile, defense, manufacturing, industrial, telecommunications, scientific research labs, and commercial facilities is fuelling the demand for polymer processing aid.
- Surfaces of machineries are made stick resistant by using polymer processing aids during the processing of polymers into plastics. Polymer processing aids also provide other operational benefits such as improvement in surface quality, elimination of melt fractures, maintenance of operational temperature, and reduction in die deposits.
- The optimum and controlled use of polymer processing aid is vital, as a small change in amount or quality of polymer processing aid can affect the whole batch. Furthermore, polymer processing aid is highly dependent on the type of polymers being used in the extrusion process that regulates the quality of finished products. These factors can act as challenges for the global polymer processing aid market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Rise in Demand for Polymer Processing Aid in Blown Film & Cast Film Application
- Polymer processing aid is used in blown film & cast film manufacturing process to enhance the quality in terms of mechanical strength and durability
- Blown films & cast films are generally employed in the production of food and non-food packaging, agriculture films, and tapes. Rise in demand for packaging and agriculture films due to flourishing end-use industries, primarily in developing countries, is driving the demand for polymers such as high density polyethylene (HDPE), Linear Low Density polyethylene (LLDPE), and Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) with improved performance parameters. This, in turn is anticipated to propel the demand for polymer processing aid market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific is Dominant Region of Global Polymer Processing Aid Market
- Geographically, the global polymer processing aid market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a key region of the global polymer processing aid market due to the rise in demand for high strength and quality polymers in various end-use industries in the region
- Rise in per capita consumption of plastics in numerous end-use industries owing to rapid industrial growth is driving the demand for polymer processing aid in Asia Pacific
- The well-established electrical & electronics manufacturing industry in countries such as China, South Korea, and Japan; and increase in demand for packaging due to rise in FMCG consumption in Asia Pacific are driving the demand for clean and high strength plastic films. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the demand for polymer processing aid during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Polymer Processing Aid Market
The polymer processing aid market is fragmented due to the presence of large numbers of local and global players. A few key players dominate the global market. Key players operating in the polymer processing aid market include:
- A. Schulman, Inc.
- Daikin America, Inc.
- Fine Organics
- Micro Epsilon
- PolyOne Corporation
- Tosaf Group
- Wells Plastics Ltd.
Global Polymer Processing Aid Market: Research Scope
Global Polymer Processing Aid Market, by Product
Global Polymer Processing Aid Market, by Application
- Blown Film & Cast Film
- Wire & Cable
- Extrusion Blow Molding
- Pipe & Tube
- Fiber & Raffia
Global Polymer Processing Aid Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.