Polymer Nanomembrane Market Introduction
- Polymer nanomembranes are synthetic structures with thickness less than 100 nm. Their surface-area-volume ratio increases to at least a few orders of magnitude.
- Nanomembrane produced from polymers (PAN, PVDF, PES, and others) are called polymer nanomembranes. These membranes have pore size in the range of 1nm to 300 nm. These membranes are primarily used as nanofiltration membranes and nanofiber membranes in various industries.
- Based on type, the global polymer nanomembrane market can be segmented into Polyacrylonitrile (PAN), Polyethylene (PE), Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF), polyamide, Polypropylene, and polyethersulfone (PES). Based on end-use industry, the market can be divided into water & wastewater treatment, chemical, electronics, oil & gas, food & beverages, and pharmaceutical & biomedical.
Key Drivers of Polymer Nanomembrane Market
- The major driver influencing the growth of polymer nanomembrane is the expansion of the water & wastewater treatment industry. Polymer nanomembrane is also used for softening hard water and disinfection and purification of potable water. Growth in water & wastewater treatment can be ascribed to the rise in awareness about the consumption of clean drinking water. This is boosting the global polymer nanomembrane market.
- Increase in usage of polymer nanomembrane in pharmaceutical applications is anticipated to boost the market during the forecast period. Growth of the pharmaceutical & biomedical industry is driving the global polymer nanomembrane market. Development of new nanomembranes using advanced nanofabrication approaches and their application beyond separation processes is also estimated to boost the market.
Restraints of Polymer Nanomembrane Market
- Low awareness in developing countries is a major challenge for the polymer nanomembrane market. Geopolitical tensions between countries are affecting the electronics industry. This, in turn, is hampering the polymer nanomembrane market.
COVID-19 impact on Polymer Nanomembrane Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for polymer nanomembrane in many applications. Many governments across the globe enforced lockdown as a measure to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This has resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown.
- Key players operating in the polymer nanomembrane market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials. Thus, demand for polymer nanomembrane market is expected to decline in the near future.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for polymer nanomembrane. The industrial shutdown caused by the COVID 19 pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
North America to Constitute Significant Share of Global Polymer Nanomembrane Market
- In terms of region, the global polymer nanomembrane market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market in 2020, due to the presence of key manufacturers in the region such as Dupont De Nemours, Koch Separation Solutions, and Nitto Denko Corporation - Hydranautics. High consumption of polymer nanomembrane in the water & wastewater treatment application is also boosting the polymer nanomembrane market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is also one of the key consumers of polymer nanomembrane. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a faster pace than that in other regions during the forecast period.
Competitive Landscape of Global Polymer Nanomembrane Market
Major players operating in the global polymer nanomembrane market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- Dupont De Nemours, Inc.
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Hydranautics
- Koch Separation Solutions
- MICRODYN-NADIR GMBH
- Pall Corporation
- Synder Filtration Inc.
- Alfa Laval AB
- Pentair - X-Flow
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Sumitomo Electric Fine Polymer Ltd.
Global Polymer Nanomembrane Market: Research Scope
Global Polymer Nanomembrane Market, by Type
- Polyacrylonitrile (PAN)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF)
- Polyethersulfone (PES)
Global Polymer Nanomembrane Market, by End-use Industry
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Oil & Gas
- Food & Beverages
- Pharmaceutical & Biomedical
Global Polymer Nanomembrane Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!