Polymer Modifiers Market: Introduction
- Polymer modifier, also known as impact modifier, compatibilizer, coupling agent, or functionalized polymer, is a polymeric material with a functional unit mounted onto the backbone of the polymer. Polymer modifiers allow fillers such as glass, nanoclays, talc, and calcium carbonate to get chemically bonded to the polymer or differing polymers in order to become compatible with each other. Polymer modifiers help improve the physical characteristics of various thermoplastic polymers by providing durability, strength, and rigidity.
Key Drivers of Polymer Modifiers Market
- Increase in demand for polyamide (PA) blends in automotive and industrial applications is expected to drive the polymer modifiers market during the forecast period. PA blends are being used widely in the exterior of automotive parts. These help provide strength to the exterior of vehicles. Thus, rise in usage of polymer modifiers, such as PA blends, is anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Flexible properties of plastic additives, including that of modifiers, facilitate the production of plastic products. This can act as a driver for the polymer modifiers market. Polymer modifiers offer a wide range of properties, including weather resistance, durability, and strength. These properties are expected to increase its demand among customers, thus boosting the polymer modifiers market.
- Rise in consumption of polymeric products in various industries, including oil & gas, architecture, and chemicals, is projected to augment the polymer modifiers market
- Expansion of the manufacturing sector in developing economies such as India, Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia is also likely to propel the market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Fluctuation in Prices of Raw Materials Likely to Hamper Market
- Prices of raw materials such as plastics, which are used in the manufacture of polymer modifiers, are seasonal. Variation in prices of raw materials is expected to make it difficult for manufacturers to cope up with the high cost of raw materials. This is anticipated to restrain the market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Large Share of Global Polymer Modifiers Market
- In terms of region, the global polymer modifiers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Implementation of supportive government regulations in China and India, aimed at promoting investments in the construction industry, is expected to boost the market in Asia Pacific in the near future. Growth of the manufacturing sector in various parts of the region is also estimated to boost the polymer modifiers market.
- Asia Pacific has become the hub of the chemical industry over the last few years. Increase in demand for plastics in emerging countries such as China and India is driving the chemical industry in the region. This, in turn, is projected to augment the polymer modifiers market in Asia Pacific.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific held the prominent share of the market in 2018. It was followed by North America and Europe. Growth in the chemical industry, particularly in North America and Europe, is likely to fuel the polymer modifiers market in these regions.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. The polymer industry in Mexico has been expanding steadily. The automotive sector in Middle East & Africa has been witnessing an increase in investments. These factors are projected to drive the demand for polymer modifiers in Latin America and Middle East & Africa during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Market
The polymer modifiers market was highly fragmented in 2018, with the top manufacturers accounting for substantial share. Key players operating in the polymer modifiers market include:
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Milliken & Company
- BASF SE
- Baerlocher GmbH
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Valltris Speciality Chemicals
Global Polymer modifiers Market: Research Scope
Global Polymer Modifiers Market, by Type
- Performance-tailored Tougheners
- Coupling Agents
- Mixed Plastics Compatibilizers
Global Polymer Modifiers Market, by Application
- Oil & Gas
Global Polymer Modifiers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.