Polymer Blends & Alloys Market: Overview
- Polymer blends belong to the material class similar to metal alloys, in that two polymers are mixed in order to create the new material with several physical properties. Polymer blends and alloys are used in various applications owing to their unique mechanical and physical properties such as strength, light weight, heat resistance, chemical stability, durability, thermal stability, dimensional stability, and recyclability. These properties cannot be achieved by other materials. Demand for polymer blends and alloys has been rising since the last few years owing to their cost effectiveness. Furthermore, and polymer blends and alloys are versatile substitutes to traditional materials. These properties of polymer blends and alloys are anticipated to boost the global polymer blends & alloys market in the near future.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Polymer Blends & Alloys Market
Rise in Demand for Polymer Blends and Alloys in Automotive Industry to Drive Polymer Blends & Alloys Market
- Polymer blends and alloys are versatile and cost effective alternatives to traditional materials such as glass, wood, and metal. Producers in various regions are willing to spend extra capital on products that guarantee them efficiency and quality. Rise in orders to replace the traditional glasses and metals with lightweight materials such as polymer alloys and blends is expected to be a key driver of the polymer blends & alloys market.
- Polymer blends and alloys are widely used in automotive applications for the production of engineering plastic products such as pump impellers, bearings, valves, gears, and electrical components, as they provide an exceptional balance of toughness, durability, and impact resistance over a broad range of temperatures. Furthermore, compounds of molybdenum sulfide with HDPE/nylon alloys are being primarily used in bearing applications.
- Mixtures of polymers such as rubber are being employed in the automotive industry in the production of tires in order to improve the impact resistance and ductility through craze formation. Increase in production of automotive in various developing as well as developed countries across the globe is anticipated to boost the global polymer blends & alloys market during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Polycarbonate Type Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on type, the global polymer blends & alloys market can be segmented into polycarbonate-based blends & alloys, polyphenylene ether-based blends & alloys, and other polymer blends
- The polycarbonate-based blends & alloys segment held major share of the global polymer blends & alloys market in 2019, owing to its properties such as dielectric stability, thermal resistance, and corrosion resistance. Polycarbonate-based blends and alloys are primarily employed in commercial applications such as construction materials and electronic components, as they are lightweight and immune to corrosion.
Automotive Application Segment to Constitute Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the polymer blends & alloys market can be divided into automotive, electrical & electronics, consumer goods, and others
- The automotive segment is expected to dominate the polymer blends & alloys market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to wide usage of polymer blends and alloys in the manufacture of propane gas hose, automotive hose covering, rubber plate, and plastic bumpers.
- Increase in adoption of polymer blends and alloys in the manufacture of electric vehicles and rise in production of electric vehicles across the globe are factors projected to further boost the demand for polymer blends and alloys. Furthermore, growth in usage of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene based and polycarbonate polymer alloys in the manufacture of several exterior and interior automotive components is anticipated to propel the demand for polymer blends and alloys during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Account for Significant Share of Global Polymer Blends and Alloys Market
- In terms of region, the global polymer blends and alloys market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, owing to the presence of key manufacturers as well as growth in trade activities from China. Expansion of the manufacturing industry and the automotive sector in Asia Pacific is estimated to boost the polymer blends & alloys market in the region in the near future.
- North America is also projected to hold key share of the global polymer blends & alloys market during the forecast period
Key Players in Market
Manufacturers of polymer blends and alloys are highly consolidated in Asia Pacific. Trading activities from Asia Pacific countries, such as China, have been rising at a rapid pace since the last few years. Prominent players operating in the market are investing in technological developments and new product launches in order to maintain their leading position.
Key players operating in the global polymer blends & alloys market include:
- E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company.
- Covestro AG (Bayer Materialscience AG)
- BASF SE
- JSR Corporation
- A. Schulman, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Engineering Plastics Corporation
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
- Daicel Polymer Ltd.
- Asahi Kasei Chemical Corporation
- CHI MEI Corporation
Global Polymer Blends and Alloys Market: Research Scope
Global Polymer Blends and Alloys Market, by Type
- Polycarbonate-based Blends & Alloys
- Polyphenylene ether-based Blends & Alloys
- Other Polymer Blends
Global Polymer Blends and Alloys Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
- Consumer Goods
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.