Polymer Alloys Market: Overview
- Polymer alloys is a subclass of polymer blends, in which two different polymers are mixed together to form an alloy, in order to provide controlled morphology and thus, increasing specific performance characteristics of the resulting polymer alloy
- Prominently used processing methods for conversion of polymer alloys into products include extrusion, injection molding, compression molding, and thermoforming
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Polymer Alloys Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Polymer Alloys Market
- An increase in purchasing power of people has been observed with the rise in per capita income. This, in turn, is likely to rise the demand for vehicles across the globe. For instance, in 2017, the global sale of vehicles increased by 3.07%. Increase in sale of vehicles is likely to boost the demand for the lucrative polymer alloys market.
- Increase in number of regulations on use of fossil fuel based vehicles coupled with a rise in number of initiatives to boost the sale of electric vehicles is anticipated to fuel the demand for polymer alloys market in the near future
- For instance, in June 2017, at the Clean Energy Ministerial, a global forum, launched a campaign EV30@30 at its 8th annual CEM meeting, to accelerate the deployment of electric vehicles across the globe. The campaign is aimed at boosting the sales of electric vehicles, by 30%, by 2030. This, in turn, is expected to increase manufacturing of electric vehicles in the next few years. Manufacturing of various car parts requires polymer alloys, which is projected to boost the market.
- Polymer alloys are extensively employed in automotive sector for manufacturing of various car parts, due to their properties such as lightweight, higher durability, and chemical stability.
Polycarbonate -based Alloys to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The polymer alloys market is majorly dominated by polycarbonate -based alloys because of their properties including increased corrosion resistance, dielectric stability, and higher thermal resistance than Poly(p-phenylene oxide) or poly(p-phenylene ether) based alloys
- PC-based alloys are extensively utilized in various end-use applications including electronic components and construction materials, owing to their physical and mechanical properties such as increased chemical stability, thermal stability, and dimensional stability
Automotive Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on application, the global polymer alloys market can be segmented into oil & gas, automotive, electrical & electronics, and others (packaging, industrial, home appliances, etc.)
- Polymers account for a share of around 20% by weight among the materials, commonly used in passenger vehicles. Furthermore, with the evolution of new-age models and the increasing focus on production of vehicles, is likely to increase the production of polymers, as compared to traditional plastics.
- This, in turn, has led to the increase in demand for production of polymer alloys, as these offer improved characteristics over other polymers.
- Rise in demand for automotive coupled with the expansion of automotive sector across the globe, is likely to drive the polymer alloys market in the automotive sector
- In automotive sector, polymer alloys are used to produce automotive hose covering, propane gas hose, rubber plate, and manufacturing of plastic bumpers
- Polycarbonate and acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene based polymer alloy is used in the manufacture of interior and exterior car components, as it offers a number of mechanical properties that make it attractive for use in automotive parts
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Polymer Alloys Market here
Rise in Regulation on Use of Polymers to Hamper Polymer Alloys Market
- A recent report from UN Environment and World Resources Institute (WRI) found that at least 127 countries have adopted some form of legislation to regulate plastic bags as of July 2018, owing to the increase in land and water pollution. Furthermore, plastic pollution impacts water, marine, food chain, and public health. All these factors are likely to decrease the production and consumption of plastic in the near future, thereby hampering the global polymer alloys market.
- High cost of processing polymer alloys is expected to restrain the market in the near future
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share in Global Polymer Alloys Market
- Based on region, the global polymer alloys market can be segregated into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to constitute major share of the global market during the forecast period due to rise in per capita income of consumers in the region
- Rise in per capita income of the people has led to increase in spending power of the people across the region. This is likely to boost the demand for advanced automotive across the globe. Furthermore, rise in FDI investment in automotive industry in developing economies of Asia Pacific is likely to fuel the demand for polymer alloys in the region during the forecast period.
- North America and Europe are primarily engaged in the development of new technologies for the manufacture of polymer alloys. Middle East & Africa, being a developing region, relies on imports from Europe & North America to cater to the demand for polymer alloys in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Polymer Alloys Market:
The polymer alloys market is highly fragmented with several major manufacturers as well as a few emerging manufacturers operating across the globe.
Key players operating in the polymer alloys market include:
- Covestro AG
- BASF SE
- JSR Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Schulman Inc.
- Mitsubishi Engineering-Plastics Corporation
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Daicel Polymer Ltd
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Ovation Polymers Inc.
- Essentra plc
- Gujarat Petrosynthese Limited
- RTP Company
- Denka Company Limited
- TEIJIN LIMITED.
- ZEON Corporation
Global Polymer Alloys Film Market: Research Scope
Global Polymer Alloys Film Market, by Type
- PC-based Alloys
- PPO/PPE-based Alloys
Global Polymer Alloys Film Market, by End-use
- Oil & gas
- Electrical & Electronics
- Others (packaging, industrial, home appliances, etc.)
Global Polymer Alloys Film Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.