Polymer Adhesives Market: Introduction
- Polymer adhesives is a category of adhesives. When a large number of monomeric units combine together, they form a polymeric unit. A polymer adhesive is simply an adhesive that cures or sets in this method, through a chemical reaction that involves small molecules reacting and connecting together.
- For instance, a two-part epoxy adhesive is initially two liquid materials, generally referred to as the resin and the hardener component. On combining and mixing the two liquids, they undergo a chemical reaction. This reaction involves molecules of the resin side connecting with molecules of the hardener side. As long as molecules of the two sides combine in the correct ratio, they continue to react until a solid polymer substance is produced. The resultant solid substance helps hold the adherents in place, creating an adhesive bond.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Polymer Adhesives Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Growth of Building & Construction Sector to Drive Global Polymer Adhesives Market
- The building & construction industry has transformed over the last ten years. Rise in urbanization is boosting the demand for residential, commercial, and industrial infrastructure.
- In construction, polymer adhesives are used to prevent passage of fluids and other substances through material surfaces, joints, or openings. They can also prevent passage of air, sound, dust, and insects and act as fire-stopping components.
- Polymer adhesives are typically used to close openings that are too small to be closed by other materials such as concrete, timber, and mortar. They have a wide range of properties such as strength, flexibility, appearance, durability, solubility, and corrosion resistance.
- Polymeric polymer adhesives offer several advantages over silicone polymer adhesives, as they are UV resistant and they have high durability on exposure to fluctuating climatic conditions. This makes polymeric polymer adhesives perfect for use in sealing larger joints between building materials. Polymeric polymer adhesives can later be concealed by painting over with acrylic-based paints. Thus, growth of the building & construction industry is propelling the demand for polymer adhesives.
Type Perspective of Polymer Adhesives Market
- Among types, polyurethane is the dominant segment of the global polymer adhesives market. Polymer adhesives are used primarily in the assembly of printed circuit boards to connect large components such as capacitors, magnetics, heat sinks, and connectors. Their key benefits include flexibility, absorption of stress, vibration damping, and thermal transfer.
- The polyurethane segment is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. Polyurethane polymer adhesives provide better adhesion and resistance to abrasion than silicone polymer adhesives. They are commonly used in applications such as automotive, construction, marine, and parking deck & sidewalk sealing.
Different Types of Polymer Adhesives
- Stringent regulations imposed by environmental authorities on the use of polymeric adhesives with high VOC (volatile organic compound) content are anticipated to hamper the global market for polymer adhesives during the forecast period
- Hence, manufacturers are taking various strategic initiatives, such as extensive R&D activities, for production of sustainable products
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Polymer Adhesives Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Polymer Adhesives Market
- Geographically, the global polymer adhesives market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the leading consumer of polymer adhesives, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is expected to be the major region for polymer adhesives market in the near future also, due to rise in the demand from building & construction and automotive Industries in the region.
- Countries such as China and India are also taking initiatives to prompt major automotive manufacturers to manufacture polymer adhesives
- The polymer adhesives market in Europe is led by Germany, France, and the U.K. The market in the region is primarily driven by increasing demand from automobile and electronics industries in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Polymer Adhesives Market
The global polymer adhesives market is fragmented, with market players focusing on integrating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. Companies are offering an entire range of products and are focusing on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global polymer adhesives market include:
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Mallard Creek Polymers
- New Polyurethane Technologies (NPT)
- Bostik Australia Pty Ltd
- Sika AG
- H.B. Fuller
- Illinois Tool Works
- Huntsman Corporation
Global Polymer Adhesives Market: Research Scope
Global Polymer Adhesives Market, by Type
Global Polymer Adhesives Market, by Application
- Building & Construction
Global Polymer Adhesives Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.