Global Polyimide Films & Tapes Market: An Overview
The global polyimide films & tapes market is set to expand at a healthy CAGR in the near future, thanks to rising demand for electronics. Polyimide, also abbreviated as PI is an imide monomer, which belongs to the polymer family. It has been in production since 1955. Due to its natural high heat-resistance, these enjoy diverse commercial applications such as fuel cells, military technology, and electronics displays among others.
Polyimide materials are known to be resistant to chemicals, heat, provide flexibility, and are lightweight. These qualities open up applications such as magnetic wiring, insulating films, and flexible cables. The global polyimide films & tapes market is expected to receive a major boost in the near future, thanks to polyimide’s application in laptop computers. The personal devices use a delicate display, which must flex every time the device is opened and closed.
The polyimide-based copper cable provides a suitable application for this purpose. Hence, various polyimides like UPILEX, Apical, VTEC PI, Apical, Kaptrex, and Norton TH are expected to create new opportunities in the polyimide films & tapes market. Additionally, polyimide also serves a useful purpose in sensitive medical applications, wherein high temperatures can be necessary and requires utmost care in handling.
Furthermore, polyimide also pave way for insulation on aircrafts. The polyimide multi-layer insulation applied on spacecraft are made up of polyimide coatings with aluminum. These provide aircrafts with their golden tinge on the outside.
Global Polyimide Films & Tapes Market: Notable Developments
- Researchers have discovered a wireless electronic sweat sensors platform which is battery free and promises to use biofuel cells. It integrates cronometric microfluidic platforms with a copper-based polyimide layer as substrate. Sweat sensors are extremely important for premium atheletes who are required to monitor their performance closely. Additionally, due to water-proof nature of polyimide, it can also offer sweat-sensing applications under water. This study published in Science Advance reports a device which is offers a commercial application for monitoring sweat rate, lactate, pH, chloride, and glucose levels as well.
Global Polyimide Films & Tapes Market: Key Trends
Polyimide films and tapes also known as flex materials in end-use industries, are expected to rise in demand, thanks to growing application in flexible printed circuit. These electronic circuits are growing in demand as consumer fascination with small hand-held devices continues to rise. Additionally, increasing innovation in vehicles, trends such as autonomous driving are also expected to fuel growth for the polyimide films and tapes market. Growing electronics industry, cost-effectiveness of flex products, and their reliability are expected to drive robust growth for the polyimide films and tapes market.
The automobile industry is also witnessing rising demand for next-generation vehicles. The automobile market in the US is one of the largest one. Additionally, in 2019, despite increased interest rates, the automobile market witnessed a modest growth. Growing real estate prices in the US, economic recovery, and feature rich cars are expected to drive healthy growth for the polyimide films & tapes market during 2018-2028.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.