Polyimide Fibers: Introduction
- Polyimide fibers (PI) are a class of heat-resistant and strong synthetic fibers of orange to yellow color. They are prepared by a two-step process from aromatic diamines and aromatic tetracarboxylic dianhydride.
- Polyimide fibers are often used in applications where very high temperature, corrosion, wear, and creep resistance is required. The high performance properties are maintained during continuous use at very high temperatures.
- Polyimide fibers are expensive and difficult to manufacture. Unlike most ordinary fibers such as polyester and acrylic, they have a much higher glass transition temperature (about 400°C) and a much higher melting point. Polyimide fibers have very low flammability and excellent chemical resistance to most chemicals due to the aromatic structure. They are also light in weight.
- Polyimide fibers have excellent thermal stability and chemical resistance. These fibers also exhibit low moisture absorbance, flame retardancy, and produce very little smoke in flame.
- Polyimide fibers are used in the garment industry as a fiber for heat protective clothing, in the chemical industry as a filter material for hot gases, and in the electronic industry for high-performance flexible cables. Polyimide fibers are also used in multi-layer insulation of spacecraft and astronauts space suits. The gold-like material seen on the outside of some spacecraft is polyimide coated with a thin layer of aluminum.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Polyimide Fibers Market
- Polyimide fibers have major applications in the textile sector, due to superior protection that they offer to clothing. Polyimide fibers possess flame retardant capacity and are used in textile industry as fiber for heat protective clothing. Polyimide fibers are extensively used in the manufacture of protective clothing such as protective suits and jackets of fire fighters, the army, and industrial protective gears. Increase in demand for flame retardant clothing in various end-use sectors is expected to fuel the global polyimide fibers market in the next few years.
- Polyimide fibers are used for multilayer insulations of astronaut space suits and space shuttles owing to their excellent heat resistance property. This is anticipated to boost the demand for these fibers during the forecast period.
- Complex manufacturing process and high cost of polyimide fibers are likely to restrain the global polyimide fibers market
Polyimide Fibers: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global polyimide fibers market can be segmented into protective clothing, insulation, filter media, and others
- The protective clothing segment is projected to gain higher share of the global market during the forecast period. Application of polyimide fibers in the garment industry to produce protective outer shells of suits and jackets for fire fighters, the army, medical protective clothing, etc. has increased significantly. Flame retardant properties as well as high chemical resistance of these fibers is anticipated to boost the global polyimide fibers market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for filter bags made of polyimide fibers for separation of various gasses such as sulfur oxides, nitrogen oxides, and carbon monoxide in various municipal solid waste incineration is driving the sales of polyimide fibers across the filter media segment.
COVID-19 Impact on Polyimide Fibers Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the polyimide fibers market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Polyimide Fibers Market
- In terms of region, the polyimide fibers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global polyimide fibers market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period. Rise in demand for protective flame retardant clothing and presence of manufacturing companies in countries such as China, Japan, and India are expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market in the region during the forecast period.
- North America is also a prominent region of the global polyimide fibers market due to the presence of various space organizations such as NASA
- The polyimide fibers market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a moderate pace in the near future. Polyimide fibers are imported into countries such as Brazil, Mexico, and South Africa due to limited presence of manufacturing companies in these countries.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Polyimide Fibers Market
The polyimide fibers market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the polyimide fibers market include:
- Evonik Industries AG
- Jiangsu Aoshen Hi Material Co.
- BIEGLO GmbH
- Baoding Sanyuan Textile Technology Co. Ltd.
- Swicofil AG
- Bannor Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Lirsot Ltd.
- Ningbo Yide fine Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Easun Group Imp & Exp Co., Ltd.
- Xiamen Meidasi Environmental Protection Industry Co. Ltd.
- iXBlue Photonics Besançon
- Jiangsu Shino New Materials & Technology Co., Ltd.
- Changchun Gao Qi polyimide material Co., Ltd.
Polyimide Fibers Market: Research Scope
Polyimide Fibers Market, by Type
- Wet Spinning
- Dry Spinning
Polyimide Fibers Market, by Application
- Protective Clothing
- Filter Media
Polyimide Fibers Market, by End-use
- Chemical & Processing
Global Polyimide Fibers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.