COVID-19 Impact on Polyimide Binders Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak has hindered the demand for polyimide binders in several ways. Governments of various countries across the globe enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This resulted in slowdown and even halt in manufacturing operations, thus hampering the demand for polyimide binders.
- Major end-users of polyimide binders are automobile and electronics sectors. Lockdowns imposed across the world hindered construction and production activities around the world. The consumer goods market was also affected due to the lockdowns. Demand for automobiles, wires and cables, pipes, and other goods, wherein plastic is used, plummeted. This hampered the polyimide binders market.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected production activities of various non-essential goods. Industrial shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic created disruption in the production of polyimide binders. Disruption in supply of raw materials also hampered full-scale operations of companies operating in the market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Polyimide Binders Market
- The global polyimide binders market is expected to expand significantly due to the advancements in processing technologies. Growth of the automotive industry has further boosted the demand for polyimide binders, as they act as an important battery materials. Therefore, they are largely used in manufacture of Li-ion batteries. Strength and high durability are few properties of polyimide binders that are required while manufacturing battery separator materials.
- Demand for EV is expected to rise due to various factors such as depleting fossil fuel reserves and environmental concerns regarding emissions from conventional vehicles. This is expected to boost the production of Li-ion batteries significantly. Thus, the polyimide binders market is expected to expand considerably during the forecast period.
- Cost is one of the most important criteria while producing polyimide binders. Assuming that more than one binder meets all other requirements for a given application, price usually determines which binder material would be chosen. The prices of polyimide binders may vary widely due to differences in raw material and processing costs. This is the major restrain of the global polyimide binders market.
Polyimide Binders: Application Segment
- Based on application, the polyimide binders market can be segmented into automotive, aerospace, electronics, industrial, and others
- Rise in demand for advanced vehicles is boosting the demand for polyimide binders. Besides this, polyimide binders are used for protecting cables & wires, manufacturing puncture seals, and improving impact resistance in vehicle interiors. This is expected to propel the global demand for polyimide binders in the near future.
- Besides the automotive industry, the aerospace sector accounts for large share of the polyimide binders market. In aerospace, polyimide binders and related products can be utilized as replacements for traditional materials.
Asia Pacific Holds Major Share of Global Polyimide Binders Market
- In terms of region, the global polyimide binders market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to hold dominant share of the global polyimide binders market during the forecast period. Rapid urbanization and industrialization in various emerging markets has contributed to the growth of the polyimide binders market in the region. Thailand, India, China, and Indonesia are projected to be the key countries of the polyimide binders market in Asia Pacific.
- Large numbers of electric vehicle manufacturers are looking to backward integrate. Hence, they are striving to set up units in emerging markets due to immense growth opportunities and untapped potential. This is also projected to boost the polyimide binders market in Asia Pacific.
- North America, on the other hand, holds second position in the global polyimide binders market. Cost-efficiency and easy adaptability are key factors responsible for the growth of the market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Polyimide Binders Market
The global polyimide binders market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global polyimide binders market include:
- UBE Corporation
- Shengjun polymer Company
- Top Material Co., Ltd.
Global Polyimide Binders Market: Research Scope
Global Polyimide Binders Market, by Synthesis
- Condensation Polymers - Non Melting and Thermoplastic
- Addition Polymers
- Hybrid Polymers
Global Polyimide Binders Market, by Application
Global Polyimide Binders Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Polyimide Binders: Introduction
- Polyimide binders are highly versatile engineering materials. They contain a rigid aromatic ring and polar imide ring.
- They are complex materials that exhibit unique combinations of useful properties, the most important being heat resistance, chemical resistance, and good wettability. These properties of polyimide binders are suitable for various applications including insulating films, laminates, coatings, molded parts, structural adhesives, high-modulus fibers, permselective membranes, and high-temperature composites related to battery materials, especially lithium-ion batteries.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.