Polyether Monomer Market Introduction
- Polyether is a polymer that contains ether in its base chain. It is a chemical compound that has elastic or rubber-like properties. It is commonly used in making precision impressions. Polyether possesses hydrophilic properties. Polyether is prepared by polymerizing many molecules of similar compounds. Polyether glycols are water-soluble liquids or waxy solids used in cosmetic and pharmaceutical preparations and the manufacture of emulsifying or wetting agents and lubricants.
- Different variations of polyether are manufactured, which cover engineering plastics to elastomers. These fall under synthetic polymers based on the origin of the source. Synthetic polymers are polymers that are synthesized from low molecular weight compounds such as nylon, polyethylene, and terylene. Polyether also leads plant-based oil properties. Therefore, it is used in the production of polyurethanes. Polyurethanes have a wide range of thermal and mechanical properties. Polyurethane can be used in the biomedical field. It can be used in adhesives, coatings, medical devices, and textile industries.
- The global polyether monomer market can be segmented based on product type and end-use
Key Drivers of Polyether Monomer Market
- Rise in usage of polyether polymer in chemical, construction, and pharmaceutical industries is expected to boost the market during the forecast period. Polyether monomers are widely used in construction, daily chemicals, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and other fields.
- Beneficial properties of polyether monomer are driving its adoption in various applications.
- Polyethylene glycol, epoxy resins, and polyphenylene oxide resins are polymerized forms of polyether and are widely used in the preparation of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, suppress foaming in industrial processes, coating, and adhesive agents, respectively
Restraints of Polyether Monomer Market
- Polyether monomers play a key role in chemical and pharmaceutical industries. Increase in demand for polyether monomers in various applications has led to a rise in substitutes. Companies find it difficult to make investments in polyether monomers due to different rules, regulations, and applications in each country. The COVID-19 pandemic is also restraining the supply chain process, thus affecting manufacturers.
COVID-19 Impact on Polyether Monomer Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has directly impacted the demand and supply of polyether monomers. Most of the companies are striving to recover their earnings. The supply chain process needs to function smoothly in order to maintain the break-even point in the current situation. Demand for polyether monomer is high in various applications.
- Key players operating in the polyether monomer market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Numerous players have halted their production output in the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Leading Share of Global Polyether Monomer Market
- In terms of region, the global polyether monomer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the rise in industrialization and growth in chemical and construction industries in countries such as China and India. Increase in adoption of polyether monomer in chemical, pharmaceutical, chemical additives, and construction industries is anticipated to drive the polyether monomer market in the region during the forecast period.
Competitive Landscape of Global Polyether Monomer Market
Leading players operating in the global polyether monomer market are adopting various joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansions, collaboration, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- Clariant International ltd
- Liaoning Kelong Fine Chemical Co., Ltd
- Zhejiang Huangma Chemical Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- Liaoining Oxiranchem, Inc.
- Shanghai Tajje Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Haian Petrochemical Plant
- Jiahua Chemical Co., Ltd.
- LOTTE Chemical Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company
Global Polyether Monomer Market: Research Scope
Global Polyether Monomer Market, by Product Type
- MPEG (Methoxy Polyethylene Glycol)
- TPEG (Polytetrahydrofuran Polyethylene Glycol)
- APEG (Allyloxy Polyethylene Glycol)
- HPEG (Isobutylene Alcohol Polyoxyethylene Ether)
Global Polyether Monomer Market, by End-use
- Polycarboxylate Superplasticizer
- Chemical Additives
- Daily Chemicals
Global Polyether Monomer Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!