Polyester Medical Films Market: Introduction
- Polyester is synthetic fiber made of petrochemicals. It is a thermoplastic monomer and classified as saturated and unsaturated polyester. It is used to manufacture polyester films for various applications.
- Polyester medical film is derived from polyester polymer. It is used in various medical applications, such as diagnostic strips, medical tapes, face shields, dialysis and infusion bags, etc. Properties of polyester medical films include flexibility, hydrophobic nature, high thermal strength, wrinkle resistance, UV protection, and shrink resistance.
- These films offer clarity, are easy to handle, and provide excellent adhesion and barrier properties. They are cost-efficient than conventional medical films.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Polyester Medical Films Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Demand for Recyclable Medical Films
- Increase in medical expenditure, rise in per capita income, consumer awareness about health, and properties of these films are key factors likely to promote the consumption of polyester medical films during the forecast period
- Polyester medical films are recyclable as compared to other film materials. Advanced quality films, such as film with anti-fogging property (which restrict the water droplets formation inside the film), are expected to drive the consumption of polyester medical films.
- Growing trend for biodegradable plastic is one of the key factors driving the polyester medical film market. Biodegradable films are manufactured through bio-based polyesters, which are derived from renewable sources and mineral oils. These films do not emit any toxins and degrade easily.
- These films are preferred in medical applications due to their recyclability and low cost. Volatile prices of raw materials may hamper the global polyester medical films.
Medical Tapes and Adhesives Applications to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of end-use, the global polyester medical films market can be segmented into diagnostic strips, medical tapes & adhesives, transdermal therapeutic systems (TTS), biosensors, labelling, and others. Demand for polyester medical films in various medical application has been increasing. This is anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
- Polyester medical films are employed in medical applications, as they can provide high moisture resistance, clarity, tensile strength, and thermal strength. Thus, high performance standards make polyester medical films a superior option for different medical applications.
- Demand for medical tapes and adhesives in furniture has been increasing. This is likely to provide growth opportunities to the global polyester medical films market. Polyester medical films are used to make diagnostic strips, biosensors, and labelling. This is also considered a key factor boosting the polyester medical films market.
Rise in Demand for Polyester Medical Films from Medical Tape Manufacturers
- Based on film thickness, the global polyester medical films market can be segmented into less than 100 micron, 100 micron – 300 micron, and more than 300 micron
- Polyester medical films can withstand extreme temperature and pressure conditions. This is also one of the factors driving the global polyester medical films market. These films have high wicking properties to absorb biological fluids and are preferred in the manufacturing of biosensor strips and medical tapes.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Polyester Medical Films Market
- In terms of region, the global polyester medical films market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to account for a prominent share of the global polyester medical films market in the near future, owing to the advanced medical sector in the region. Europe holds second position in the market followed by Asia Pacific. This market in Germany is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific countries, such as India, China, Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia are offering lucrative opportunist for the polyester medical films market. This growth can be attributed to the rise in population, improvement in standard of living, and development and expenditure on healthcare.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Polyester Medical Films Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players in Global Polyester Medical Films Market
The global polyester medical films market is highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global polyester medical films market are focusing on entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global polyester medical films market include:
- DuPont Teijin Films
- Filmsquest Group Inc.
- Tekra Corporation
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Grafix Plastics
- Cheever Specialty Paper & Films.
- DUNMORE Corporation
- ROL-VAC, LP
- Coveme spa
- Flex Films
- MacDermid Autotype Ltd.
- Vacmet India
- FUTAMURA CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
Global Polyester Medical Films Market: Research Scope
Global Polyester Medical Films Market, by End-use
- Diagnostic Strips
- Medical Tapes & Adhesives
- Transdermal Therapeutic Systems (TTS)
- Others (Membranes, Face Shields, Dialysis, and Infusion Bags)
Global Polyester Medical Films Market, by Film Thickness
- Less than 100 Micron
- 100 Micron – 300 Micron
- More than 300 Micron
Global Polyester Medical Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.