Polyester Medical Films Market: Introduction
- Polyester is synthetic fiber made of petrochemicals. It is a thermoplastic monomer and classified as saturated and unsaturated polyester. It is used to manufacture polyester films for various applications.
- Polyester medical film is derived from polyester polymer. It is used in various medical applications, such as diagnostic strips, medical tapes, face shields, dialysis and infusion bags, etc. Properties of polyester medical films include flexibility, hydrophobic nature, high thermal strength, wrinkle resistance, UV protection, and shrink resistance.
- These films offer clarity, are easy to handle, and provide excellent adhesion and barrier properties. They are cost-efficient than conventional medical films.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Polyester Medical Films Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Demand for Recyclable Medical Films
- Increase in medical expenditure, rise in per capita income, consumer awareness about health, and properties of these films are key factors likely to promote the consumption of polyester medical films during the forecast period
- Polyester medical films are recyclable as compared to other film materials. Advanced quality films, such as film with anti-fogging property (which restrict the water droplets formation inside the film), are expected to drive the consumption of polyester medical films.
- Growing trend for biodegradable plastic is one of the key factors driving the polyester medical film market. Biodegradable films are manufactured through bio-based polyesters, which are derived from renewable sources and mineral oils. These films do not emit any toxins and degrade easily.
- These films are preferred in medical applications due to their recyclability and low cost. Volatile prices of raw materials may hamper the global polyester medical films.
Medical Tapes and Adhesives Applications to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of end-use, the global polyester medical films market can be segmented into diagnostic strips, medical tapes & adhesives, transdermal therapeutic systems (TTS), biosensors, labelling, and others. Demand for polyester medical films in various medical application has been increasing. This is anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
- Polyester medical films are employed in medical applications, as they can provide high moisture resistance, clarity, tensile strength, and thermal strength. Thus, high performance standards make polyester medical films a superior option for different medical applications.
- Demand for medical tapes and adhesives in furniture has been increasing. This is likely to provide growth opportunities to the global polyester medical films market. Polyester medical films are used to make diagnostic strips, biosensors, and labelling. This is also considered a key factor boosting the polyester medical films market.
Rise in Demand for Polyester Medical Films from Medical Tape Manufacturers
- Based on film thickness, the global polyester medical films market can be segmented into less than 100 micron, 100 micron – 300 micron, and more than 300 micron
- Polyester medical films can withstand extreme temperature and pressure conditions. This is also one of the factors driving the global polyester medical films market. These films have high wicking properties to absorb biological fluids and are preferred in the manufacturing of biosensor strips and medical tapes.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Polyester Medical Films Market
- In terms of region, the global polyester medical films market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to account for a prominent share of the global polyester medical films market in the near future, owing to the advanced medical sector in the region. Europe holds second position in the market followed by Asia Pacific. This market in Germany is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific countries, such as India, China, Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia are offering lucrative opportunist for the polyester medical films market. This growth can be attributed to the rise in population, improvement in standard of living, and development and expenditure on healthcare.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Polyester Medical Films Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players in Global Polyester Medical Films Market
The global polyester medical films market is highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global polyester medical films market are focusing on entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global polyester medical films market include:
- DuPont Teijin Films
- Filmsquest Group Inc.
- Tekra Corporation
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Grafix Plastics
- Cheever Specialty Paper & Films.
- DUNMORE Corporation
- ROL-VAC, LP
- Coveme spa
- Flex Films
- MacDermid Autotype Ltd.
- Vacmet India
- FUTAMURA CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
Global Polyester Medical Films Market: Research Scope
Global Polyester Medical Films Market, by End-use
- Diagnostic Strips
- Medical Tapes & Adhesives
- Transdermal Therapeutic Systems (TTS)
- Others (Membranes, Face Shields, Dialysis, and Infusion Bags)
Global Polyester Medical Films Market, by Film Thickness
- Less than 100 Micron
- 100 Micron – 300 Micron
- More than 300 Micron
Global Polyester Medical Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.