The pigment industry is facing many challenges, as prices of raw materials are expected to rise in the near future. Organic and inorganic pigments differ significantly in performance and cost. Organic pigments have a wide range of properties such as strength in chroma as well as strength in tint. The primary disadvantage of organic pigments is that they are weaker in weather fastness and opacity. The pigments manufacturers are investing in manufacturing effective pigments. Hybrid pigments are one of the growing inorganic pigments in the worldwide market. Hybrid pigments provide an effective alternative for organic pigments. Hybrid pigments help bridge the gap between performance and cost without ignoring the environmental concerns.
In the pigment industry, organic pigments are divided into four types: azo pigments, polycyclic pigments, lakes pigments, and others. Polycyclic pigments are also known as high-performance pigments. High performance pigments can also include certain inorganic pigments with low environmental impact. Polycyclic pigment are of the highest quality as compared to other pigments. Polycyclic pigment has the best durability and have been specialized and commoditized in terms of applications. This organic pigment is quite expensive. However, due to its improved and unique properties, demand for polycyclic pigments is increasing across the globe. The pigment industry is facing tough competition; however, demand for polycyclic pigments has been rising due to their excellent resistance properties. Polycyclic pigments include phthalocyanine pigments, quinacridone pigments, perylene pigments, and isoindolinone pigments.
Based on application, the polycyclic pigment market can be classified into automotive coatings, industrial coatings, decorative coatings, plastics, inks, and cosmetic products. Polycyclic pigments are primarily used in the coatings industry. Approximately 50% of these pigments are used in the automotive sector. Demand for polycyclic pigments has been rising in the printing industry. Plastic application is expected to witness strong growth during the forecast period. However, applications such as inks are anticipated to witness sluggish growth owing to factors such as rapid digitization in developed as well as developing regions. Implementation of stringent regulations related to food contact applications is expected to hamper market growth.
Based on geography, the global polycyclic market can be classified into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America and Europe are the major regions of the polycyclic pigment market. Europe is an active market in terms of strategic initiatives. Factors driving the market in the region include growth of end-use industries, amplified local manufacturing, and increase in number of domestic players in various vertical market segments. Major restraints include high price of polycyclic pigments and lack of quality control across developing countries. New product launch is the most preferred strategy adopted by key market players to sustain in the highly competitive market. There are opportunities for polycyclic manufacturers to increase the production of environmentally-friendly polycyclic pigments. Asia Pacific region is also expected to provide ample growth opportunities over the coming few years.
Major players operating in the global polycyclic market are Sun Chemical, Clariant, BASF, Ferro, Vijay Chemical Industries, Meghmani Pigments, Sudarshan Chemical Industries Ltd., Voxco Pigments and Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Horsta Chemicals Zhuhai Co. Ltd., Heubach, DIC Corporation, Trust Chem and Eckart GmbH, Merck Performance Materials and Lansco Colors. These companies hold significant share of the market. Thus, the polycyclic pigment market experiences intense competition.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.