Polycrystalline Alumina Fiber: Introduction
- Polycrystalline alumina fiber is prepared by the sol-gel method, which has the advantages of small bulk density, low thermal conductivity, good thermal shock stability, high service temperature, good chemical stability, and good corrosion resistance. It is widely used in metallurgy, building materials, ceramics, aerospace, and military industries.
- Rise in demand for stainless steel due to the growth in aviation and rail transportation sectors is major factor positively influencing the polycrystalline alumina fiber market
- The polycrystalline alumina fiber market is primarily driven by high demand for the fiber in iron & steel, transportation, and other industries due to its superior properties such as light weight, thermal stability, excellent thermal insulating performance, high resistance to thermal shock, and low thermal conductivity
- Increase in demand for polycrystalline alumina fiber in high temperature application is also boosting the market. Polycrystalline alumina fiber helps reduce carbon emissions due to its excellent chemically stable properties at high temperatures. Polycrystalline alumina fiber is used in lining furnaces and kilns.
Polycrystalline Alumina Fiber Market: Segments
- The polycrystalline alumina fiber market can be segmented based on type, application, and region
- Based on type, the polycrystalline alumina fiber market can be bifurcated into mullite fiber and high alumina fiber
- Based on application, the polycrystalline alumina fiber market can be divided into metallurgy, building materials, aerospace & defense, and others
COVID-19 Impact on Polycrystalline Alumina Fiber Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Supply chains of companies are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Polycrystalline Alumina Fiber Market
- In terms of geography, the global polycrystalline alumina fiber market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- China, India, and Japan lead the polycrystalline alumina fiber market in Asia Pacific due to the increase in demand for automotive products in these countries
- North America is the emerging region of the global polycrystalline alumina fiber market. Increase in population, changing lifestyle, and improvement in disposable income are factors driving the polycrystalline alumina fiber market in the region.
- The polycrystalline alumina fiber market in Europe, particularly in countries such as the U.K., Germany, and France, has been expanding significantly due to rapid industrialization. The processing of polycrystalline alumina fiber mainly takes place in Denmark and France. Norway and the Netherlands are also expected to contribute significantly to the polycrystalline alumina fiber market in Europe in the near future. Growth of the polycrystalline alumina fiber market in Europe can also be ascribed to the presence of favorable governmental policies in the region.
- Demand for polycrystalline alumina fiber is expected to increase in Latin America and Middle East & Africa in the near future, led by growth in standard of living in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Polycrystalline Alumina Fiber Market
- Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global polycrystalline alumina fiber market include:
- Nutec Procal
- Denka Company Limited
- Mitsubishi Chemical
- ZIRCAR Ceramics, Inc.
- Sinosteel Luoyang Refractory
Global Polycrystalline Alumina Fiber Market: Research Scope
Global Polycrystalline Alumina Fiber Market, by Type
- Mullite Fiber
- High Alumina Fiber
Global Polycrystalline Alumina Fiber Market, by Application
- Building Materials
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Polycrystalline Alumina Fiber Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa