Polycarbonate Sheets: Introduction
- Polycarbonate is a thermoplastic that has organic functional groups attached to a carbonate group. It is one of the widely used thermoplastics across the globe. Polycarbonate offers excellent dimensional stability and optical clarity; outstanding impact resistance; and superior thermal resistance. These high-performance attributes make polycarbonate an ideal plastic material for various applications that require high thermal resistance and impact resistance. Polycarbonates are better than other thermoplastic materials such as PMMA and acrylic, due to their ability to degrade minimally when heated and cooled.
- Polycarbonate sheets are used in various industries such as building & construction, automotive, and electrical & electronics. Properties such as optical clarity, high strength, thermal stability, and excellent dimensional stability make polycarbonate sheet a material of choice in the manufacture of vandal-proof glazing, riot shields, electric components, baby-feeding bottles, headlamp lenses, and safety helmets.
- Polycarbonate sheets are extensively used as clear roofing in buildings, due to their superior finish. Superior finish and affordability make polycarbonate sheets an ideal material for automotive applications. The material is also used for applications such as kitchen utensils, due to its ability to be cut, rolled, and adjoined in different shapes.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Polycarbonate Sheets Market
- Rise in demand for polycarbonate sheets for clear roofing and extensive usage of this roofing in commercial spaces are expected to boost the polycarbonate sheets market in the next few years. This is prompting companies to increase the production of polycarbonate sheets.
- Easy availability of raw materials is anticipated to boost the demand for polycarbonate sheets in the near future
- Technological advancements in polycarbonate sheets are increasing. Companies are constantly striving to develop new and better methods to manufacture these sheets. Development of new manufacturing processes for polycarbonate sheets and rise in usage of these sheets are estimated to propel the market during the forecast period. However, volatility in prices of raw materials is projected to hamper the market in the near future.
Polycarbonate Sheets Market: Segments
- The polycarbonate sheets market can be segmented based on type, end-use industry, and region
- Based on type, the polycarbonate sheets market can be divided into solid, multiwall, corrugated, and others. The solid segment dominates the market, due to extensive usage of solid polycarbonate sheets in end-use industries such as building & construction and automotive across the globe.
- Based on end-use industry, the polycarbonate sheets market can be divided into building & construction, automotive, and electrical & electronics. The building & construction segment dominates the market, due to extensive usage of polycarbonate sheets as roofing in commercial buildings across the globe.
COVID-19 Impact on Polycarbonate Sheets Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Supply chains are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries. This is adversely affecting the global polycarbonate sheets market.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
North America to Dominate Polycarbonate Sheets Market
- In terms of geography, the global polycarbonate sheets market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to constitute major share of the global market during the forecast period
- The polycarbonate sheets market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a significant pace from 2021 to 2031, due to the rise in demand for these sheets in commercial applications in the region
- Middle East & Africa is likely to be an attractive region of the global polycarbonate sheets between 2021 and 2031, owing to increase in the demand for these sheets in residential construction in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Polycarbonate Sheets
- The global polycarbonate sheets market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global polycarbonate sheets market include:
- Living Nature
- Covestro AG
- Evonik Industries AG
- Plazit-Polygal Group
- Teijin Limited
- Suzhou Omay Optical Materials Co., Ltd.
Global Polycarbonate Sheets Market: Research Scope
Global Polycarbonate Sheets Market, by Type
Global Polycarbonate Sheets Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Polycarbonate Sheets Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.